Sign in to follow this  

FS9.CFG file ????????

Guest 1929clhenry

I've searched thru Fs2004 files and for some reason it comes up (not found).Running Windows ME. If anyone running ME, could you give me a road map to FS9.CFG file. Only info I've received before is that its a long process.ThanksChuck

From the FAQ:Q) Where is the configuration file now located?A) It will be located in your personal Application Data folder. On Windows 2000/XP systems, this is located in Documents and SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftFS9FS9.cfg (for Windows 9x users the path is WindowsApplication DataMicrosoftFS9fs9.cfg). The Application Data folder is hidden, so you will need to enable viewing of hidden files/folders under the Folder Options in your Explorer."IIRC Windows ME is not multi-user, so it would be in the same place as for Win 9x. Also make note of the last sentence, perhaps hidden folders on your system are still actually hidden ;) Otherwise just search the hard-drive for "fs9.cfg", xp has an advanced option to enable/disable searching in system folders, not sure about ME.And yes, the placement of the cfg file is positively irritating. (They also put in the same folder as their applications as opposed to the App Data/MS Games folder.)