Sign in to follow this  
galatei

PMDG Shop

I've been to your shop today, to buy a product for FSX, and I got surprised by the amount of problems on that site. Sorry but this was a big no no for me. I'll not use it again, until I see big changes.1. $50000 worth LCF extension to 747-400X ? You've got to be kidding me. And the original 747-400X costs only $25.2. OPS server down, or link is obsolete (anyway it timeouts every time).3. Tooltips for products are way out of the screen (at least 200px offset from the target)4. No option to see european currency (uk pounds). Now, if the website was hacked to add this $50000 product then, you've got serious security issues; If it was by mistake, then where's your quality assurance; If it's for real, then you've got to be kidding me.Cheers,TOMASZ F.

I've been to your shop today, to buy a product for FSX, and I got surprised by the amount of problems on that site. Sorry but this was a big no no for me. I'll not use it again, until I see big changes.1. $50000 worth LCF extension to 747-400X ? You've got to be kidding me. And the original 747-400X costs only $25.2. OPS server down, or link is obsolete (anyway it timeouts every time).3. Tooltips for products are way out of the screen (at least 200px offset from the target)4. No option to see european currency (uk pounds). Now, if the website was hacked to add this $50000 product then, you've got serious security issues; If it was by mistake, then where's your quality assurance; If it's for real, then you've got to be kidding me.Cheers,TOMASZ F.
Thomas1. The $50000 price for the LCF is not real it has been put there when it's finished then they will adjust to the real price.2. Not much i can say about that but the server can be busy from time to time and then it can also be your isp not giving you the speed you should have(sometimes i have that to)3. I don't see the problem there what does it matter? it never bothered me and i think there arent many who was bothered with it.4. Click this link http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html and enter the amount in dollars convert to british pounds and you know exactly what it cost!

1) The $50000 LCF is a place holder for when it is actually released. PMDG is operating on the expectation that no one will purchase a $50000 product. I don't think they'd complain though :( 2) PMDG Ops Wiki has been replaced by their new customer support portal. See: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=2774493) Never really cared enough to notice this one.4) You're going to be charged the same amount anyway. PMDG is based in the US, so it makes sense for them to use US currency. Simply go to one of the many free currency converters.By not using PMDG's shop you are robbing yourself of a wonderful simming experience. Heaps of people have used it and had no problem with it.

Joe Sherrill

By not using PMDG's shop you are robbing yourself of a wonderful simming experience. Heaps of people have used it and had no problem with it.
Not really, personally I prefer boxed versions over digital downloads :(

Thomas1. The $50000 price for the LCF is not real it has been put there when it's finished then they will adjust to the real price.2. Not much i can say about that but the server can be busy from time to time and then it can also be your isp not giving you the speed you should have(sometimes i have that to)3. I don't see the problem there what does it matter? it never bothered me and i think there arent many who was bothered with it.4. Click this link http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html and enter the amount in dollars convert to british pounds and you know exactly what it cost!
You didn't get my point at all. I know exactly how to convert currency, but it should already be on site. I'm professional software engineer/architect for >10 years, and things like mentioned in my post are putting me back, because it's on the front that advertises your product and its quality.As to your points:1. Can't see the point of doing that.2. No probs with ISP, tried with proxies, same problem, also on another ISP same prob. Don't care if it's their server or bad link again.3. It bothers me as a prospective customer4. As aboveI also found some more dead links on main website, so really "no effort was made to maintain it".All in all, I don't feel safe buying there.No bad feelings towards PMDG here, I'll probably get their product from fspilotshop that cares about customer's experience.

Tomasz,1. I'm sorry you have no sense of humor. Many others laughed, which was the intention.2. The Ops server no longer exists, it was mentioned very clearly here when it happened months ago. http://support.precisionmanuals.com is the new support site and contains all the information Ops used to have (and more) in the new knowledge base.3. The shopping cart software was not created by us and it has limited customization options. The tooltips being out of position probably varies by browser and has to with our attempts to integrate it with our new site. Trust me, some tooltips being out of position doesn't have anything to do with the core functionality of the shopping cart. We're going to get a new shopping cart program custom made at some point, but that is a very expensive proposition.4. As others have said, the currency is the same no matter what it's displayed as. It's whatever the dollar price is multiplied by the current exchange rate.Saying we're an unprofessional company that doesn't care about customer experience because of a few technical snafus with our store cart software is a bit much. I could direct you to plenty of companies that have a very pretty facade in front of absolutely atrocious products... I will put our products and the professionalism of our support up against anything out there. There's a reason we get consistently voted #1 on the various community site awards and polls.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I'm outraged that there is no option to see the price in doubloons or pieces of eight. You know that's probably why pirates don't buy your software.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Can we pay for it with pop cans? Good chance they used to be 737's :( Or the pop cans can be used to make new 737's! How bout pennies? I have (no word of a lie) $450 dollars CDN in just pennies! I have a change jar that I haven't touched in allmost 10 years! All seperated into denomination and scaled by height! Keep in mind up here in Canada, We have Loonies (1$coins) and Toonies (2$coins). LOL. I think I will just use Visa!!!

Thats weird. I often think that PMDG has a very clean graphic design and layout. I am a photographer, but have some friends at very high-end, prestigious graphic design firms in New York, and they thought it was quite nice as well. HTML, CSS and the other well-used internet languages have to be translated by many different types of internet browsers. Often times, a browser where the table might have been off by "200 pixels", is spot on in another browser. Furthermore, its an American company, with products presented in American dollars. I don't put up a pity-fest when I order products from the UK, that are labeled in Euros or Pounds. I just happily find a currency converter, and take care of it there. This MIGHT take you 45 seconds, depending on how fast you type. I have been using PMDG products since their Fly! series, like 10 years ago! I can assure you that not only do they have the most realistic products available, their customer service/relations are stellar too. In the future, I would recommend doing a little research before you come onto a forum with 1 previous post, and get upset about things that are well-known here. Cheers!

You didn't get my point at all. I know exactly how to convert currency, but it should already be on site. I'm professional software engineer/architect for >10 years, and things like mentioned in my post are putting me back, because it's on the front that advertises your product and its quality.
As professional software engineer for 10 years, You shouldn't have problems distinguishing broken link or hacked website, and yet You do. God save Your software! :(Also We have a FULL NAMES rule here, so don't be surprised if whole thread gets wiped.

I'm outraged that there is no option to see the price in doubloons or pieces of eight. You know that's probably why pirates don't buy your software.Al
:( :( :( B)

@ Tomasz,just buy it, you won't regret it. It's really, really good!Dominique Mesiti

Now seriously, Tomasz I'm not long with those guys, but what I've learned about PMDG so far is that they give support like no other company. If You have any doubts You can always just ask, and I'm sure You'll get all feedback You need.

:( That wins my personal joke of the month award. Made me almost spill my drink. Good job!