Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ed_S

Don't tell my wife!!!!! shhhhhhhhhhhhh

Guest Ed_S

some of you know that my trusty P4 took a major dive about 2 weeks ago. Some sort of spike in the ole electric's. Took out the M/B, Video card, ect........Well i just happened by this computer fair in my area and well,,,,,What do ya think?P4 2.8c 800FSBAsus P4B800G/F4 FX 5600 256 DDR1 gig PC 3200 DDRDVD-R/W80 gig HDEd:-beerchug

Whats your wifes name again :-jumpy Great system. I love the asus boards. I have the p4pe but it is only the 400fsb. Running p4 2.8 also with 1gig of ram. You will enjoy it.regardsBobG

Guest Ed_S

Cool Bob!I have yet to install FS2004 but it was running good on my old machine. It was a 2.2 400FSB G/F4 ti 4600. Looking forward to the morning when i get finished setting this machine up.So far so good though.....................Ed

Guest edrutl

Ed,You'll love you new machine. I have a very similar system (different mobo though). I went back to Intel after 3 AMD machines. The P4 with the 800 FSB is a screamer. You'll love it!ed

GO FOR IT! ASUS is at the top of their game and you can't got wrong with their mobo's. You RAM looks good but, I would recommend re-thinking your video card choice. I have been running the ATI 9700 Pro with FS9 for over a month now and other than a few anomilies that both nVidia and ATI have to fix, my 9700 Pro keeps my FPS pinned at 24.9! (locked at 25) And the graphics quality is to die for. It is Flight Simulation Heaven... Also on a costing level you are gonna pay top dollar for that nVidia card when the 9700 Pro can be had for under $200 and it will give you the same or better performance than the G/F4 FX 5600.

Guest Ed_S

Thanks for the advise on the video card. he new system has been (Other than driver issue) running flawless. The video card had troubles out of the box not showing 2d panels but, the latest drivers have sorted that out. i have everything on the sliders to the right and everything checked to see how much it could take. The only problem so far is with AA checked. Thats when i see a difference in performance. I run a resolution of 1280x960 and i can live without the AA. I have it locked at 28 and so far its only dipped to 25 when coming into heavy airports.EdP4 2.8c 800FSBAsus P4P800 Deluxe M/B1gig matched PC3200 DDRMSI G/F4 FX-5600 256DDR:-beerchug :-beerchug :-beerchug :-beerchug :-beerchug :-beerchug