Sign in to follow this  
Guest freequest

FS9 + GF2 => Immediate Crash

Need some help here! I'll try to keep it short. If you have any ideas, please share!?!?AMD 1.2GHz Athlon, 512MB RAM, GeForce2 GTS 64MBInstalled FS9 with WinMe on there and old drivers. FS2k2 Pro worked fine. FS9 worked for a while. I could fly for 30 minutes or so then the computer would lock up and I'd have to reset no matter how long I waited for a response. Then over the next 3 days, the playable time of FS9 reduced to nil. It'd crash as soon as I launched a flight (the menu screen works fine!).Upgraded to WinXP Pro. FS9 worked for 1.5 hours straight! Then it'd freeze up, then return to Windows with the error reporting program askin me to send info to MS. I sent the report, every time I was offered the opportunity I sent a report. Next time up it worked for 30 minutes, then over the next day it reduced to crashing to windows immediately after loading a flight. Tried running in safe mode (software only, I assume?!) and it works... well, it doesn't crash to windows, let's say that. So, I'm thinking it's a hardware problem with my GF2. I updated my drivers to the latest available from the nvidia website. Still crashes as soon as a flight is loaded. Still works in safe mode. Tried bumping all the graphics settings down to the absolute minimuim. Went to 800x600x16 even. Still it crashes on load. I tried uninstalling FS9 and reinstalling. No help. I tried changing my acceleration settings down to no cursor and no advanced [something] drawings (as suggested in the FS9 config help). Nothing doing.Any suggestions?Steve PerryOUATS King Air FO

Guest freequest

I had the same problem but with my GF2 mx-400 64mb card my fix was turn of Autogen reduce use the lower res airport tectures and you should be fine... well it fixed it for me.