Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

Time zone change in FS9

Hi, I was flying from Canada over the Atlantic to Ireland and my clock seemed to change from 7:30pm to 8:30pm instantly? Does it automatically change the time as its going through the different time zones or is it a glitch?CheersPhil

Sounds like a fix for it not doing so in previous versions.

Guest Glenn

I chatted with Dennis Thompson recently about TZ changes in FS9, and he confirmed that it will need patching in this version as well (Dennis is the fellow who's created the excellent time zone fixes for the previous 2 versions of FS). He just got FS9 and assured me he is planning on fixing it for this version too. Glenn

If you are looking at the GMT/UTC/Zulu time there should be no sudden jumps, they would only occur if you were looking at local time.Glenn's answer does not surprise me and I look forward to the TZ fixes for FS9, I used them for FS98 onwards.I would have thought by now MS should have fixed this problem as it has been noted since at least FS98, is it that hard to code UTC time over all the globe?Rgds