Sign in to follow this  
Hornit

Something to try for stutters

I have been wrestling with this a bit with fs9 here. Its not bad but it is pretty annoying. It affects almost all aspects of the sim. Spot view 2D and VC. VC is a bit better though and I can seem to cause it by paning around in spot view. Here is what I found tonight. I went back to the cfg settings and tried some different combinations for the TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS and the _EXTENDED_RADIUS What I found is that anything above a setting of 0 for both caused some type of stutter. My GPS causes a small frame hit, but not really a stutter(some might think its a stutter, but I dont think it is) What Im talking about is a momentary (.5-1 second) drop in your frames from 25 or so to about 12-15. Mostly the magnitude of the stutter isnt huge but if its more than 30% or so its really noticeable. It happens with many dif settings but if I bring these two numbers back to zero, it cures the stutter every time. i can live with that. Everything looks ok, especially at dusk and dawn which is where I fly this thing for the beauty. I will compromise on the far textures I guess, no huge deal, but I am guessing a new video card in the near future will solve most of these problems (using gf4ti4200 here) My system can really generate the frames, no problem just this instability in frame rate has to go. Im still not 100% convinced this is it, but think others suffering from this should give it a try. I uninstalled the FS Genesis LC for these tests and may put it back to see how that may affect things too. Try it out and let us know if it helps!Hornit

I had a stutter problem, I found what worked for me is installing Chris's cloud fix, and turning the sim @ full screen to 1024x768x16* colors.

hmmmm, I have not tried going to 16 bit colors yet. You have any problems with panels in 16 bit? i know in 2k2 there were some glitches if you did that.Hornit