Hi Guys,I am wondering if any one can help me setting up my 4th monitor.I am using Win XP with FS9. I have an NVIDIA 8800 GTS OC 512MB PCI express. I am also running a TH2go for the first 3 monitor. Now I got an extra monitor that I would like to hook as 4th monitor. The usage I want for this 4th monitor, is when I fly in VC the gauges are not as clear as I would like, if I want a wide view. So my question is: Is it possible to have a 2D display of my panel on this monitor with all the advantage of the 2D display. I tried to get a second view, and undock it, but the second view only display the scenery with the front view no panel.I have adjusted the display via the TH2go set up to use the 3 CRT as the main, and use the 4th one as a second monitor, so now I can drag whatever I want over the 4 monitor, exp: internet explorer, Documents, pic ect, but with FS9 I am unable to achieve that display. Any help would be much appreciated.Best regards

Be sure you're running in windowed mode and right click on your 2d panel. Then select "undock" and this will release the panel from it's current window. Drag the panel to the 4th monitor, drag the scenery window to the bottom of the first monitor to get rid of the big black space normally occupied by the panel, and you should be able to Live Life Large with 4 monitors!I've been doing it for months now and I can never go back!

Hi Trelane,Thanks so much, I never thought of that, It really make sense. I will try that tonight.Best regards :(

Depending on the airplane and its main instrument panel, you may find that you want the undocked panel window to be positioned at the top of the lower panel, overlapping your TH2go screens and the lower panel. For example, if there's a center post between the virtual windshields. If you move the entire undocked panel Window onto the lower screen, center post and all, the actual panel with the instruments will reside at the bottom of the screen, not really where you want it. When overlapping the panel, use Alt + Enter to go to Full Screen Mode, and the upper section of the undocked panel will disappear.I use multiple monitors and place all kinds of undocked panels on various screens. I start and end FS in Windowed Mode. All the major positioning is done in Windowed Mode, and it looks like a mess with panels overlapping different windows...until going to Full Screen Mode, where all the of the Window borders disappear, and only the desired portions of the panels are seen against a black background. Also, once all of the panels are undocked and relocated, I save the flight...while still in Windowed Mode. This saves having to rearrange all of the undocked panels each time. With something like the PMDG MD-11, that's about a dozen panels.This probably falls in the category of a nuance, and maybe you've already figured this out...but just in case. I can post a picture if the above is confusing.Noel W

Noel Wiebracht

--------------------

i7-2600K@4.8||Gigabyte P67A-UD7||8 Gb Mushkin Redline DDR3 1600||Gigabyte GTX580 x 2||Noctua NH-D14||Crucial SATAIII 256Gb x 2||CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 1200W||Coolermaster RC-942 HAF X||Dell U3011 30"|Multiple Monitors w/TH2goD-DH2goD-Touchscreens||Win7 64 Pro||FSX Gold

Hi Noel,Thanks for getting back to me, yes pic will be much appreciated, as I am bit confused now.But 1 question for you, after you undock all these panels, do you fly in window mode or full screen mode.Thanks in advanceHani

Hi Noel,Thanks for getting back to me, yes pic will be much appreciated, as I am bit confused now.But 1 question for you, after you undock all these panels, do you fly in window mode or full screen mode.Thanks in advanceHani
Hani- with multi monitors/multi views, I have never been able to make Full Screen work- so the answer for me is Window Mode.It is fairly simple to Auto-Hide both Menu and Task Bars. If you then change the colour of Title Bars to black with dark green letters- they almost disappear. (Black lettering would really make them disappear!)The result is a Windowed setup that is almost indistinguishable from Full Screen. Attached pic tells the story.Alex ReidSnowy day at CYYJ (AMD 1.8 CPU, 2 GeForce FX5200 GPUs. FS9 3 views with bezel width adj.= 146

But 1 question for you, after you undock all these panels, do you fly in window mode or full screen mode.
after going in windowed mode, undocking and arranging the panels, you can go back to fullscreen mode.Due to the different resolutions of the "two" displays, the size of the panel windows then might need adjustments.This can normaly (depends on panel.cfg) be done the same way as in windowed mode: drag with the mouse, allthough you won't see the window frames.They are thin, but they are there. (Exceptions possible if configured in panel.cfg)There is no way to 'see' a second app while FS is in fullscreen mode. In Fullscreen mode all 4 Monitors will be exclusive for FS9.If you don't drag any panel- or view-window onto the 4th monitor it will simply be black. (same applies for FSX)

Joerg Alvermann
Win10 Pro 64Bit - i9-9900KS - GTX980Ti 6GB - 5760x1200

Thanks so much guys,I will try this set up tonight and let you know how it's working for me.Best regardsHani

Hani: Let us know how you make out. I have an ATI card and was never able to get any of the various incarnations of the TH2GO to work as well as my 2 (two) good old analog DualHeadToGos. I have owned at least 3 TH2GOs and have either returned them all to Matrox or sold them on eBay.

HaniHere are some pics to illustrate what I was referring to. Full Screen Mode allows me to place the portions of panels where I want them, without suffering the side effects of segments overlapping other screens, or other panels.Here's what my saved MD-11 Flight looks like; I start in Windowed mode:When I go to Full Screen Mode, the overlapping of the various panels disappears.Here's a closer look:...and in Full Screen Mode.I do fly in Full Screen Mode. For me, the sim runs smoother, though for others, it's just the opposite.FWIW, the middle three screens are using TH2go D, which yields a FOV of about 110 degrees (3840x1024). The lower middle screens are DH2go D, which allows enlarging the main instrument panel, while still maintaining the right aspect ratio for everything. For this airplane, the MD-11 Display Units appear nearly life size (I'm situated closer to panel than when in the real airplane). For sure, the glass displays are much easier to read than when I had the main panel on only one screen. Note that they are only 19" widescreen monitors (they're touchscreens).Good luck.Noel W

Noel Wiebracht

--------------------

i7-2600K@4.8||Gigabyte P67A-UD7||8 Gb Mushkin Redline DDR3 1600||Gigabyte GTX580 x 2||Noctua NH-D14||Crucial SATAIII 256Gb x 2||CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 1200W||Coolermaster RC-942 HAF X||Dell U3011 30"|Multiple Monitors w/TH2goD-DH2goD-Touchscreens||Win7 64 Pro||FSX Gold

Hi Noel,Thank you very much for your help, I managed to get it to work, almost as you described it.Now my main issue is with the Matrox desktop management, as I was capable with the TH2go to maximize the window within its own window, exp: when I start the FS it is windowed and it is small, then I click on the the top right corner and I can get the full screen within it's own window, and when I hold the control, I could get the screen to span over the 3 screens.Now I cannot do that any more, the minute I click on the top corner of the screen it's span over the 3 windows.Any way that is not the problem, it is to be able to have a full d view including my panel and the scenery on the same screen on the 4th monitor, and then get a full 3 screen in a 3D or VC on the other 3.I managed to get the extra panels undocked on 1 screen, and the VC on the 3 others and when I cleck ALT+enter, they all align perfect. But I cannot get the 2D view, I get the panel and the scenery is blacked out.And if I ubdock the scenery on the 4th screen as well , I cannot get the VC to display as the full 2d is on 1 screen already.I don't know if you understand whet I mean.In short, I can do what you have described with panel items, like radio, GPS ext, but not a complete 2D view (panel and scenery).It's already much better, however I am wondering if it is feasible.RegardsHani

HaniFirst off, it's not clear to me exactly what you are encountering, but I'll try to give you some thoughts from what I think you're saying.You mentioned "...then I click on the the top right corner and I can get the full screen..." - just to be clear here, when I say "Full Screen mode", that's not the same as clicking the maximize button on the Windows Title Bar. Maybe you already know this, but you have to use the "Alt" + "Enter" keys to enter Full Screen mode for FS9 or FSX. There's also a menu item in FS that accomplishes the same thing.It's important to have the resolution in Windows XP and FS9 the same. Windows Display Properties should show two screens, one at 3840x1024, and the other at 1440x900, or whatever your TH2go and 4th monitor's native resolution is. In FS9, from the menu, select "Options" > "Settings" > "Display", then select the "Hardware" Tab.Open the "Device Name" Combo Box to see both virtual display adapters. Mine read: "Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX.0", and "Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX.1". With one selected, set the resolution below, select the other, and set the resolution. My TH2go unit is connected to the first DVI port on the video card, so "Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX.0" is set to "3840x1024x32". Perhaps you know all of this, but just in case, because it's not necessarily obvious.I still have a drive with WinXP and FS9, so I installed it and took some screen shots to try to see what you're trying to obtain. I'm guessing you're trying to put a 2D panel on the 4th monitor, and a VC view on the three TH2go screens...is that what you're trying to do?Here are some different combinations, in Windowed mode, and after hitting Alt+Enter (Full Screen mode).Note that if you are trying to create a second 3D window, one with the scenery, you can select that from the "View" menu in FS9. However, there is a significant FPS impact when adding another 3D window. You can undock various 2D panels, and drag them to other monitors, with little impact. Not so with 3D Windows...for obvious reasons. So here are some screenshots. If none of these is what you're trying to obtain, perhaps you can explain further. Also, for the issues you've cited, perhaps you could snap some photos, even with a mobile phone camera, to illustrate what you're seeing. These photos are taken with Bezel Management off and are used to illustrate different modes.Let us know how you make out. Whatever manner a person uses to get a multiple monitor configuration setup...having the additional screen space and views are well worth the effort.Noel W

Noel Wiebracht

--------------------

Hi Noel,Thank you very much for keeping up with me.I will try to explain as much as I can what I am trying to do, but you have posted in screen 3 and 4 or C and D. That is exactly what I am trying to do.so I will start with this :""Full Screen mode", that's not the same as clicking the maximize button on the Windows Title Bar" yes this is what I do, I want the 1 screen to be full by pressing the window title bar. so I want the screen to be maximized within 1 screen. I know it is not the same as ALT+enter, as the Alt +enter will fill the 3 screen of the TH2go.So if I want to maximaize just 1 screen, I used to click on the window title screen, then if I click on it again, it becomes small screen within the 1 screen I am looking at , Then if I hold the CTL+ clicking on the window tiltle bar litle square, I got full screen in windows mode, that is different from the ALT+enter, as I rather fly in window mode."It's important to have the resolution in Windows XP and FS9 the same. Windows Display Properties should show two screens, one at 3840x1024, and the other at 1440x900, or whatever your TH2go and 4th monitor's native resolution is"Yes I checked it is the same, I have 1 Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS 512.0 @3840x1024x32 and the second one is Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 512.1 @ 1280x1024x32.This is the same resolution as my window display."I'm guessing you're trying to put a 2D panel on the 4th monitor, and a VC view on the three TH2go screens...is that what you're trying to do?"Exactly and I am not able to do that.Perhaps as your screen shot shows, it has to be in a full screen non windowed mode, so that will be fine with me as well, my issue is to get the 2D full view on the 4th screen and the 3D on the TH2go.I am trying to follow your steps but it is not working, is there a set up you have in your matrox desktop management, that is allowing you to do that.Noel, I have attached some pic for you and I will try to explain the process I follow.Pic #3 is what I mean a full screen within only 1 screen.Pic # 4 is the set up I have with the first 3 screens of TH2go where I want the full 3D VC in window mode and the 4th one to have a full 2D view .Screen # 2 is when I undocked the top part of the screen (scenery to move it to the 4th screen in window mode.Screen # 5 is what I was left with after the 2 pic to undock and move as well to screen # 4screen #6 is what I have on my 4th screen, and not yet hit ALT+ enter.Screen # 1 is when I hit ALT+ enter , I have a full screen on the 4th screen and now screen 1+2+3 are blacked out. and I can see the frame rate display on the first LCD screen #1. So how do I go to have my 3D VC on the TH2go after I hit the alt+enter, is what I don't know how to do it? as if I hit shift it keep changing the display on screen # 4 and I am unable to swith to the TH2go display again.I wanted to acheive yor pic 3 and 4.Hope you understand my issue now.Noel thanks so much in advanceHani

HaniThanks for posting the photos...that gives a better understanding of what you're seeing. I will say though, one item is still not clear. Are you sure you're not trying to emulate what you saw in my photos 5 & 6, versus 3 & 4? With 3 & 4, there are two 3D views...two duplicated views of the outside world, not just a panel on one, and the outside world on the other. I posted that configuration, because your earlier post seemed to say that, but this would be an odd configuration in my mind. In my 5th and 6th photos, there is one 3D view with the outside world and VC, and a single screen for the 2D instrument panel. This is a much more framerate friendly configuration, not to mention not having the distraction of the scenery being duplicated on different screens.I noticed you also said:========================"I'm guessing you're trying to put a 2D panel on the 4th monitor, and a VC view on the three TH2go screens...is that what you're trying to do?"Exactly and I am not able to do that.========================So assuming that you'd like to have what you see in my last photo, the sixth one....1. Make sure the TH2go unit is your primary monitor...where your Windows Task Bar and Start Button appear after bootup. (If not, in Windows Display Properties > Settings > Click on the TH2go 'screen' graphic, and click the "Use this device as the primary monitor" checkbox.)2. Start FS9. It should open on one of the TH2go screens. Drag it there if not. Mine opens on the center screen.3. Start a flight. FS should be in Windowed mode.4. Right click on the main panel, select "undock" from the popup menu.5. Drag the undocked panel to the 4th monitor. Resize as necessary; it's OK to overlap onto the TH2go screens.6. Press Alt + Enter. FS9 should now be in Full Screen Mode7. Adjust the sizing and location of the 2D panel on the 4th monitor.8. Adjust the outside view on the TH2go monitor if necessary, to fill the entire screen. Only the outside world is displayed on the TH2go screens.9. Right Click on one of the TH2go screens, and select Virtual Cockpit from the popup menu. The VC with the outside world should all be on the TH2go screens, with the 2D main panel on the 4th monitor.This should replicate what I did in my last two photos. I'm at work right now, and don't have FS running, so I'm writing this from memory.And no, I didn't do anything special with the Matrox Desktop manager. BTW, are you using the Digital TH2go unit? As far as I know (and I have an analog one in the closet), they work basically the same with the exception of the Bezel Management feature, and of course the use of DVI cables. It's been a long time since I've used the old one.Let me know if I've misunderstood you, or if you're still having trouble.Noel W

Noel Wiebracht

--------------------

Hi Noel,Thanks so much for your patient.Ok I guess I need to replicate your Pic 5 and 6 since I need 1 VC on the TH2go and 1 2D front view panel on my 4th monitor.1. Make sure the TH2go unit is your primary monitor...where your Windows Task Bar and Start Button appear after bootup. (If not, in Windows Display Properties > Settings > Click on the TH2go 'screen' graphic, and click the "Use this device as the primary monitor" checkbox.)I have it as described above, so no issue their.2. Start FS9. It should open on one of the TH2go screens. Drag it there if not. Mine opens on the center screen.I have it the same as you, on screen # 2 of the TH2go, no issue here.3. Start a flight. FS should be in Windowed mode.Yes this is what it start at.4. Right click on the main panel, select "undock" from the popup menu.Ok I did that.5. Drag the undocked panel to the 4th monitor. Resize as necessary; it's OK to overlap onto the TH2go screens.Ok here is where I need clarification, when you say resize, is it to fill the 4th screen or it has to overlap on the 3rd screen of the TH2go.6. Press Alt + Enter. FS9 should now be in Full Screen ModeOk 7. Adjust the sizing and location of the 2D panel on the 4th monitor.This is to fit the 4th screen correct?8. Adjust the outside view on the TH2go monitor if necessary, to fill the entire screen. Only the outside world is displayed on the TH2go screens.Please explain the word if necessary, as it is here that I have the issue. I adjust the outside view on the TH2Go to fill the entire 3 screen of the Th2 go or adjust it to fit on 1 screen, because I used to drag the outside view to my 4th monitor, and I guess this is where I am wrong?9. Right Click on one of the TH2go screens, and select Virtual Cockpit from the popup menu. The VC with the outside world should all be on the TH2go screens, with the 2D main panel on the 4th monitor.Ok I see your point, but I need to know how big or small the outside view should be on the TH2go.Noel I am using the Th2go Digital version, and it is working ok otherwise.You did understand me perfectly now, and I will try the above tonight as I am at work now. but I think I am getting there.Thanks so much once again Noel.Hani