Sign in to follow this  
derianc

Nose-up

Guys, I seem to be having a problem on my PMDG 747-8i/F product. Everytime I go into a flight and just start gaining speed, my Aircraft becomes uncontrolable and just goes nose up for some reason and I can't keep it level even with me pushing all the way down on my joystick. 2nd problem. Where can I adjust the Elevator trim in the pmdg 747-8i? BTW, the trim when this was happening was set to nose down maximum. So I dunno why this is happening. Someone please help ! =(

As far as I know the 8i is only an external model. The rest of the systems come from the original 747X, so the problem should be occuring for both planes.Can't really imagine a specific cause, but as a first step you could try the registry fix tool from Flight1 that is located here.

I suspect that the OP's problem is related to not knowing how to adjust the trim. Worst case, use the 1 and 7 keys until the trim indicator (below and left of the spoiler handle) is in the green. The FMC will give you a recommended value which you can read if you have tool tips inabled and hover the mouse over the trim indicator.

Ok, I put my name in my sig. Sorry about that. I jut did a fresh reinstall of the whole game so i'm gonna see how it's working now. I'll keep you all informed. @Paul_Smith: 1. Thankyou for telling my the keys to adjust ele trim. I couldn't find the actual handle anywhere in the aircraft. Any Idea where it is? 2. Also, where can you access the ground crew communications in the 747? 3.And btw, the trim was set to max nose down so if I would have put it in the green zone, wouldn't that have made it harder for me to keep it steady holding an altitude?

I strongly recommned you do the tutorial flights, there is a lot to learn and much of it is very different from what you already know. For example, the trim is controlled from the yoke (which is why there is no handle) but it is normally only set for take off. The auto trim system manages it automatically while in flight, you don't need to worry about it.

Ok I will but do does it tell you how to communicate with the ground crew or can you tell me that?