Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

No Propeller!

On several aircraft that I have transferred from FS2002 to FS9 the prop is not visable. Is the prop a part of the Model.mdl or is there a way to correct this. Any suggestions appreciated.

> On several aircraft that I have transferred from FS2002 to>FS9 the prop is not visable. Is the prop a part of the>Model.mdl or is there a way to correct this. Any suggestions>appreciated.Use another aircraft. Models not built by FSDS2 or GMax will usually not work or display 100% in FS9.BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Is there any way to update these planes? I'd sure like to get the prop back in the FS2002 Grumman Duck imported into FS2004. I hope some aircraft modeler can do it. The Duck is such a GREAT plane. Thanks, regards, Bob.

The only one who can update the airplane to make it work as intended in FS2004 is the original author or someone who has the original source files. I'm not sure if craft built in FSDS can be easily opened in FSDS2 and re-exported or if a lot of work is required to convert them. Either way, it requires the original source files which usually means the original author has to do it.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

In my experience to date Bob, most FSDS prop planes have this problem when imported to FS9. Jan's Daks, for example, show no prop spindles, prop circles, or props at rest, only the spinners. Most jets, however, seem to retain all animations, I'm glad to say, although some may lose gear. Mikko and Kari's Hawks, for example, which I repainted in various guises, work just fine as long as FSSound.dll is imported too for my panel gauges and the usual stuff is done in FS9.CFG with an OLDMODULES section. Even Mikko's single Hawks work fine, and they were originally designed for FS2000! Good job, that man.The airfiles may not fit FS2004 well, though, not sure yet. Getting reports that the Hawks are hard to slow down, but then, who wants to, LOL! The default aircraft seem so screwy it's hard to compare, as yet! All will be resolved in due course, no doubt.Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontP.S. Other quick point about that error message on loading ... seems you'll only get it once, initially. Thereafter (having loaded all animations anyway, and my own system hasn't folded yet) it gets logged and won't reappear.http://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg