Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

Do Vapor Trails work in 2004??

Guest HeavyFan

Hey guy's! I have been slowly installing stuff over to FS9, And i just tried to see if the Vapor Trails that come off the Flaps, using the PA I think Effect's file, that makes the Vapor Trails come on at a certain speed automaitcally?? And it does not seem to work in FS9?? Does anybody else have these installed from FS2002 and got it to work?? I treid using the "CNTRL-I" buttin for the smoke effects and nothing happened?? I also put in the Effect's gauge and Effect's file and still nothing happened?? Or is it incompatible with FS9 like a whole lot of other stuff that does not work from FS2002!? If anyone knows a fix for this Please let me know! And before everyone gets confused as to what i am trying to find out, i am not talking about the Contrails from the engines, but the Condensation trails effect's off the Flaps like the real planes do, and how it works in FS2002! Ok Thank's! MIKE-:) -:)

Guest HeavyFan

BUMP for it being Buried so fast! -:)

Guest HeavyFan

No one has tried this Effect's in 2004 at all?????? Hmmm strange! -:(

Give it time, it's only the weekend. :)Btw, I did see vapor trails in FS9. I'm not sure what the circumstances were at the time (weather, altitude, etc) but I definitely did see them.

Guest Dutch Falcon

The standard smoke system if that's what you mean by smoke effects is activated using i, not cntrl+i. As far as I know the only default aircraft it's installed on is the Extra 300. As for vapour trails I get those when I take a jet up past about FL200-FL250. Vapour trails don't come off flaps in the default installation, but it's sounds like what I think is called an XML gauge. I've never really tried those myself but if these trails are caused by an XML gauge the problem could be that you have installed the effect file but not the gauge (as far as I know the XML file would have to go into the gauge folder and you would have to put an entry into the panel.cfg file). Hope this helps. The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of your coffee.

I've tried and tried, but I just can't get the Cub up that high. Guess I'll keep trying. ;-)

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit