Sign in to follow this  
Guest LSangiovanni LIML

New TTools version: can anyone help please?

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi folks,first of all i have to thank Mr. Lee for his quick and precious work.After that a simple question:do you think is it possible/correct decompile from FS2002 traffic.bgl and immediately recompile in FS2004 traffic030528.bgl?Will i keep all my previous FS2002 traffic (after copied all AI planes in FS2004)?Or perhaps i need some other operation?Simple question, isn't it?thanksLuigi ;-)

I think so. Decompile the 2002 bgl and then manually rename the text files in 2004 format with the numbers and then it will recompile in 2004 bgl format.Of course backup in case of problems.Hope you understandBill

Guest CargoMun

You dont need to recompile into same traffic.bgl name as is used in default FS2004 flightplans. Just give it another name like traffic2002.bgl or something and it will work in conjunction with the default.You can this way have several seperate flightplans that you can move in and out without having to decompile and edit the txt files. Like having one for GA and one for military and one for normal airliners :)

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

>You dont need to recompile into same traffic.bgl name as is>used in default FS2004 flightplans. Just give it another name>like traffic2002.bgl or something and it will work in>conjunction with the default.You say that FS2004 "reads" into several traffic_xxx.bgl's and can put on all the AI traffic it finds over there? i remind i have read something about it somewhere...But, my 2002 edited traffic.bgl contains flightplans for 900+ different PAI planes w/o any of the default 2k2 aircrafts.What happens if FS2004 will mix its default flightplans with mines?Too much traffic?Surely i have both 2002 edited and 2004 default traffic.bgl's backup ;-)ThanksLuigi ;-)

Yes, they will combine together, and you may end up with too much traffic. However, remember that the FS2004 file has a lot more GA traffic into non-tower airports not in the FS2002 file.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest CargoMun

Well I kinda "hacked" the default flightplans. I decompiled it and removed all Airliner traffic leaving only GA planes (and the Lears). Thus making it GA only.Now when I fly airliner traffic, I uncheck the GA traffic box in the AITraffic options in flightsim. When I fly GA i uncheck airliner traffic so I only get traffic of my own kind :DYou might find it helpful to know that you can just remove any flightplan.bgl's you have in FS2004 (like the default) over to another folder and then it wont show in the sim. Easy peasy :)