Sign in to follow this  
batchelork

Ailerons Full right on start up

This has only just started. When I load FS the ailerons are stuck on full right and don't respond to the control yoke. This happens to all a/c, default. freeware and payware. If I move the joystick from full left to right several time the ailerons start to work. The ailerons work normally to keyboard inputs. If I load a new a/c the ailerons are over to the left again.All my controls are routed via FSUIPC, no assignments in FS. I am usinf CH yoke and pedals. I have been using them for years and never had this happen before.Any suggestions would be welcomed.

This has only just started. When I load FS the ailerons are stuck on full right and don't respond to the control yoke. This happens to all a/c, default. freeware and payware. If I move the joystick from full left to right several time the ailerons start to work. The ailerons work normally to keyboard inputs. If I load a new a/c the ailerons are over to the left again.All my controls are routed via FSUIPC, no assignments in FS. I am usinf CH yoke and pedals. I have been using them for years and never had this happen before.Any suggestions would be welcomed.
Come on people, has anybody got any ideas - PLEASE

First go into the Win Control Panel Gaming Options to check the axis range to insure it is not hardware related. If needed recalibrate there.Next go into the FS Hardware Setup and since you are not using FS joystick interfacing make sure for the yoke the disable joystick control is enabled. If some FS controls are required go throught the axis assignment settings for each device in normal and slew mode to insure there is no conflict with your FSUIPC settings.Next in the FSUIPC settings insure your yaw assignment axis is still set as centered I believe.When you set up your FSUIPC mapping and calibration did you select aircraft specific or all aircraft.I also recommend you set up a complex default FS aircraft the way you wish and save it as a default flight in FS usually parked with engines off using the Clear Weather theme. This actually initializes many parts of FS as soon as the menu loads. Set your control trim to a typical value.

Just guessing, but first I would check that your default flight has flight controls neutral.centered and resave it. For fsuipc, I thought it was designed that it doesn't start sending axis inputs until you first move the controller?scott s..

What if you reset the assignments to default. It might help.
Nandan Hi,FS or FSUIPC assignments?

Very interested in this as I have same issue. Rapid movement of CH pedals centers rudder, but then in a few seconds, the rudder moves slowly left, taking my a/c with it. Its obviously undemanded input. I've checked and rechecked FSUIPC settings to no avail.I think its hardware. Anyone cleaned thier pedals out?

Very interested in this as I have same issue. Rapid movement of CH pedals centers rudder, but then in a few seconds, the rudder moves slowly left, taking my a/c with it. Its obviously undemanded input. I've checked and rechecked FSUIPC settings to no avail.I think its hardware. Anyone cleaned thier pedals out?
Just to a little more (as I started the topic and thanks for all the suggestions so far) I also have FSX and my hardware works OK with that. I have checked with FSUIPC and the aileron axis is giving the correct outputs, something is stopping the link to FS9. All other CH yoke and pedal axis are working OK.

With the CH yoke there are two ways to corrrect drift. But first though make sure your AP is OFF. This is the most common reason for your problem.I have found that the CH yoke from time to time likes to hand fly the a/c with no AP input. The second is to grease all the moving parts inside with silicone spray. If one or two of the connectors inside are a bit sticky they will pull the centreing off creating what you see as drift.vololiberista

With the CH yoke there are two ways to corrrect drift. But first though make sure your AP is OFF. This is the most common reason for your problem.I have found that the CH yoke from time to time likes to hand fly the a/c with no AP input. The second is to grease all the moving parts inside with silicone spray. If one or two of the connectors inside are a bit sticky they will pull the centreing off creating what you see as drift.vololiberista
Drift is not my problem. My ailerons are on full left.Cheers