Sign in to follow this  
Toys_R_Us

Is ACOF running well for anyone ???

If you have a P4 2.6 or higher, I would like to hear from you IF you are finding that FS2004 is running very well. By "well" I mean smooth & fluid, with a high level of detail. I have a PIII 733 and run FS2002 with most sliders about half way. I have the frames locked at 15 and find this acceptable in most cases. I am planning to upgrade to a P4 2.8 or higher so that I can load up 2004 but with all of the negative comments from people with very high end systems I am rethinking this purchase. All comments appreciated.Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Nope:Two Screen shoots, one of FS2004, and FS2002. Same airport, same time, same bat channel. If I were to add clouds to FS2004, I'd get better performance using a slide projector..Just a little disappointed with FS2004, but very happy to still have FS2002...:-wave

I've had exactly the opposite experience. I've got all the sliders maxed in FS2004 except the water reflections and effects, which I don't like. I've also got Chris Willis's fps fix installed.I have my fps locked at 25, and it sticks there most of the time. I do drop to the 15 -17 range when passing through clouds and on approach to a mid size airport like CYVR or KSEA (I haven't tried it on the really detailed airports).When I take off from a small airport with dense autogen in FS2002, I get arround 15 - 20 fps. At the same airport in FS2004, I'm at 25, my fps limit.Here's my specs:Dell 8250 2.4 GHz PIV, 533 MHz fsb512 MB RDRAMRadeon 9700 TX (that's the non-pro)If you're going to buy a new computer, do yourself a favour and buy a Dell. I've always made my own in the past, but the Dell just seems to work really well.

Mark - I don't have a 2.6 or higher, but I don't have any problems either :-) . I'm beginning to believe a major factor in one's satisfaction level with FS9 is the video card. More tests to do but it appears that with the enhanced clouds and large number of polygons required by the autogen that the faster the video card the better the overall experience. Anyway, I really don't see an overall framerate difference versus FS2002. I'm happy with it the way it is.DougNorthwood 2.2a at 2.508Ghz (Intel HSF)Abit TH7II-R512MB Samsung 40ns PC800ATI 9800 128MB ProCat. 3.6's DX9b WinXP ProWD's 20GB, 20GB, 60GB, 120GB, 120GBInwin case / Enermax 431W PSU

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest otter55

p4 3.061 gig ramti 4600 xp home50+ hrs of totally fluid performanceno glitches, no bugs, perfectionalmost everything maxed outdon

Guest TOMCAT

Hi Mark,yes it does on my PIV2.4B, ASUS P4PE, 1 Gig RAM PC333, GF4Ti4200 128MB. Built that computer myself last fall, so it isn't what you'd call a highend system right now but still quite decent. FPS are locked at 22 (1280x1024res, 4xAF, NO FSAA) and they usually don't drop except in very dense sceneries with lots of clouds. Anyway, I have to admit that I maxxed out almost everything (sacrificed FSAA for that). The overall graphics quality is excellent and the new atmospheric FX definitely rock - can't imagine to go back to FS2002. I've just flown through/above a major thunderstorm at nighttime with the default 747. OK - not much about the plane itself, better ones will come - but it was absolutely stunning to fly above the puffy cumulus overcast with the towering stratocumuli among them, lit up by various, very realistic lightning effects. WHOAAAH! Never seen anything like this in another sim.Regards, Thomas :-wave

>I've had exactly the opposite experience. I've got all the>sliders maxed in FS2004 except the water reflections and>effects, which I don't like. I've also got Chris Willis's fps>fix installed.>>I have my fps locked at 25, and it sticks there most of the>time. I do drop to the 15 -17 range when passing through>clouds and on approach to a mid size airport like CYVR or KSEA>(I haven't tried it on the really detailed airports).>>When I take off from a small airport with dense autogen in>FS2002, I get arround 15 - 20 fps. At the same airport in>FS2004, I'm at 25, my fps limit.>>Here's my specs:>>Dell 8250 2.4 GHz PIV, 533 MHz fsb>512 MB RDRAM>Radeon 9700 TX (that's the non-pro)What's scary, is that I get almost the same performance as you, on an Athlon 1 gig with a Radeon 7200 64 nb card with all sliders maxed and the clouds at default. I was about to get a 3 gig Intel system, but now I'm scared to upgrade I might lose this performance! LOLRegards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Hi, No problems here, all fs2004 at full expect shadow, 1024x768 32 bits,Full Screen Mode, 2X AA or disabled, I lock to 20 fps, I am very happy fluid and smooth.Intel P4 2.53 GHZ 533, 512 Ram 333, P4P800 8x running at 533, Gforce4 TI 4200 128 MB 8X. Official Nvidia v45.32 DriverThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest Lobaeux4

I have a theory, call me crazy, but I think the problem that most of us are seeing is with the video card, like has been mentioned before. I could be wrong, but I think having to run it in window mode is limiting performance and the "incompatibility" of the ATI drivers is also creating problems. I'm putting FS2004 on hold until I get some new drivers and then see if it's that bad or not. My feeling is a new driver suite will make FS2004 sweet. :-)

Guest luhiss

Dont forget RAM. I have a p4 1.7 with 768 ram and a ti4600.. FS9 runs with 20fps average with all sliders totally maxed out.Luhiss

Guest mcd211255

HiAMD 2400 o/c to 2600 1 gig RAM GF4 4200ti. All sliders to max with full screen set to 1280x1024x32 and 17-21 fps on final app to Heathrow at the inner marker. The only glitch is switching from windowed to full screen the screen goes black. Tried all the Nvidia drivers. Got the latest WHQL ones released this month at the moment 45.23.MikeLiverpool, UK

Lobaeux, I'm running in windowed mode - I always have because I don't like the sim to minimize on task switching, as it does when you are full screen and try to use a squawkbox window. I do have the menu bar hidden to increase the screen size, and I have my task bar on my second monitor, so it's like having full sceen. Anyway, I don't get any degradation in performance from running windowed.

Hi, I have an AMD 2600, Leadtek FX5600 graphics with 256Mb of memory, 1012Mb PC2700 RAM, AGP aperture set at 256Mb, WIN XP Home, Leadtek NFORCE2, AGP 8X mobo. Nvidia 45.23 drivers on DirectX9B I have frame rate locked at 25FPS and achieve this most of the time, the lowest I have seen is 20 FPS. I have two 19" Monitors running in full screen mode, main cockpit panel on one and GPS plus extra panel windows in the second. It took a bit of work and some post reading time but it has finally come together. All settings are high or greater, except shadows which have never added to my enjoyment. However, my current ai traffic is stock so the real test is yet to come. Anti aliasing is via Nvidia driver settings. I really do feel sorry for those suffering problems, it makes me feel guilty enjoying M$'s latest incarnation. My big problems are some of the M$ stupidities left over from FS2002 like traffic reported at your 6 o'clock (I still don't have an eye in the back of my head), we still no IFR approach separation, we still have active runways that have no ILS when conditions are at minimums and the discovery that you still can't change the active(s) runway(s) which M$ implied you could. However, the new weather is very good and my C421 taxies and handles the ground work like a dream and its air handling is similar to FS2002. I have found that the default GA aircraft seem to be very sensitive particularly in elevator response but this is getting personal. Ah well, win some, lose some, but I few complaints compared to some - sorry. Yellowjack

My system is also a PIII-733. I've got 512Mb and a 64 Mb Geforce2 graphics card. I also ran FS2002 with the settings roughly midway and the FPS locked at 15 and found it acceptable in most cases. And I also was planning an upgrade to a P4!But I've found that FS2004 performance is about the same as FS2002. I'm still getting 15 FPS most of the time. And it still slows to a crawl if I hit an area with lots of complex scenery - just like FS2002 did.So I've put the upgrade off for a few months. I can enjoy the new features of FS2004 in a "diluted" form for a while, and then when I upgrade the machine I can start to turn the heat up a bit.I like the new clouds in moderation. They add a bit more realism to VFR navigation, making the simulator that little bit more "immersive". And I like the way the virtual cockpit is now clickable. You can almost do the whole flight in VC mode now. The Flight 1 C152 is particularly nice for this!But I think I might go for a video card upgrade so that I can turn on the anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering - hopefully the video card will sharpen things up a bit while the PIII plods away maintaining that 15 FPS.Good luck!Nick.

Guest jordan

I have to agree that most problems seem to be video card related.I have a fairly average system:1.3ghz athlon512MB DDR ramGeforce4 MX 440 64MBI am running the sim with quite a few terrain and scenery features turned up, and am having no problems keeping 25fps locked.