Sign in to follow this  
Toys_R_Us

Is ACOF running well for anyone ???

Folks,I have basically the same system as Luhiss above. But, the point that I don't think most people grasp is regardless of what the sliders are set to, it's WHERE you are flying that makes a huge difference.For example, if I max my sliders and fly around KORD - my systemcrawls to 5 FPS.But - if I fly in a desert out west - the FPS are fine.So, to say great with MAXed out sliders does not help much unless we know where you fly. Remote areas will have less AI and autogen (regardless if the sliders are maxed), compared to a huge city like KORD.JerryG

Runs perfectly on a PIV-2.4 with a geForce 4Ti4200. Nothing overclocked, no "high performance" (in other words hacked) drivers to crash thing.Performance is similar to or better than FS2002 with the same settings (meaning most things fully maxed).

Athon 1800, 1MB., GF3/64 -- Clearly not getting it !!!!Sliders about 1/2, Frame rates 5-11, border line jumpy landings.Still... at this set-up it's only a little worse over-all than FS 2002 at it's best.This machine is just not enough, but I can live with it for now. I think I'll jump in at 3.5 to 4 Ghz, on a new machine. I've accepted the fact that the latest technology goes with the territory for great FS performance.Bob (Lecanto, Fl)AMD, Athlon XP, 1800+MSI, K7T266 XP ProPC 2100 DDR, 1024 MBXP, Home Edition Elsa GLadiac 920, GF3/64Mb andPNY, Verto nVidia TNT 2-M64/32WD, 100 MB, 7200, Ultra 100Sound Blaster, Audigy MP3+CH Prod, VPP Yoke - Sound CardCH Prod, Pedals - Sound Card

Guest GabrielR

Comments on the pictures of the 1st reply...Any benchmark that is realized in FS and any other game, software, has to be done in certain standardized conditions, the Add on Plane, or panel takes out the validity of this comparison, It may has code that ran well on FS2002, and does not in FS2004 for problems in backward compatibility.when I do any test:Same Machine, almost at the same time.Reboot Computer, (Wash out memory leaks)Stock scenery, Stock aircraft, Same processes runningThe software has to be run as it is out of the box!!!, otherwise I am comparing how 2 sims run with a given Add on, in this case the Panel/AC, and that does not necessary mean that FS2002 runs better that FS2004 in standardized conditions.and we also have to consider that FS2004 is a optimized platform from FS2002, some of the BGL code has been Changed, and it has confirmed by the gurus in the Scenery Forum...and also the graphic display has changed, Not until at least a year passes and new drivers from VIdeo cards that run with this new optimized code are released, any benchmark has real validity.FS2002 runs at least 20% better now, than it did almost 2 years ago in my machine, and I think this is due to new set of drivers for my aging video card...Just my two cents.

Ok no one mentioned the slowdown everyone else sees after 30 minutes or? Suppositely the autogen causes it.Also, at cruise I get a major slow down as well, especially over an overcast with lots of cumulus clouds (that is lots of polygons). i'm talking 3 fps at most. Other than that, I get 20 most of the time. My system is a P4 2.56, 512 DDR RAM, nvidia 4600 with 128 DDR video memory on it. For those of you with a similar system, what are your settings? Windows settings and FS9?Alex

FS2004 runs very well on my system, which is comparable to a P4 at 2.8 GHz. The only problems I have are the now documented ATI driver bugs, but that will be fixed in a matter of weeks with a new driver from ATI.I get the same or better performance than FS2002. FPS is locked at 23 and stays there almost all the time except at complex airports where it drops to about 16 FPS. I think I have virtually every slider maxed and every box checked in the display settings :-lol

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest outtatimeiii

Yeah! LOL FS2004 is running excellent on my 1.2GHz Athlon and Radeon 7200 64MB. I got most sliders maxed and the still hums along happily at 20fps, where it is locked. Textures are very sharp too, there is no blurry problem for me LOL.

Guest Darren Howie

G'dayScreams along on my system.No slowdowns with autogen on high.Around 20-24 FPS at ORD everything except water maxed out and also running ultimate traffic.Lowest FPS i have seen is 14 with couds at 40nm and set 3d clouds 100% and density to high.HTH

Guest Bigshot

What most of these guys claiming great framerates with maxed or nearly maxed settings on medicore systems with medicore video cards aren't saying is that they're running with no AA & no AF with their other card settings minimized and at some off the wall low resolution at 16 bit color. FSim is great in that it's very scalable for different systems. Claims of this framerate and that framerate mean nothing unless everything is factored in.

I have a DELL 8200 2.53 Ghz with 1024 RDRAM and Ti04600 card. As I type this on my other PC, I swear I am getting an a constantly changing range of 35 to 72 fps over Puerto Rico with very broken cumulus below. Flying through heavy cumnulus, my fps drop to 14-18 but for moments here and there. I am capped at 24 fps.I have been tweaking FS2004 for 2 weeks now, changing drivers, and DiSPLAY settings, nVidia card settings, etc. I have nothing maxed out but most sliders are 2/3 to 3/4 right. VERY DENSE autogen and scenery. Clouds sliders about 3/4 right. I am flying without FSAA and the res is 1600x1200x35 @ 85 Hz on the primary monitor; I use a DELL UltraSharp 19" as the secondary monitor although that ain't much use with full screen mode (!) since I can't undock.Tonight I installed the nVidia 45.23 drivers and all looks great. I get some occasional texture flasing above and through clouds but nothing I can't live with. Texture Sharpening is ON. The image is fantastic. The tweaking has been maddening at times, but it is slowly getting better. I have resisted the temptation to add on a/c and panels for now (I have 150 add-on a/c and panels in FS2002) because I felt that getting performance optimized first was more important this time round. Hope this helps!JS

Forgot to add: I raised the cap to UNLIMITED to test the system before replying to the question. I am setting it back to 24 fps now.JS

I am running an Athlon, probably equivalent to a 2.6. I got very fluid frame rates with FS2004. The problem was, having seen what the clouds looked like with the sliders maxed out (except distance) I could not accept the lower settings, so was getting frame rates down to low teens in cloudy conditions. I downloaded the FSW FPSfix cloud textures and this now gives fluid frame rates in any weather. I tend to peg the frame rate at 20 to allow terrain textures to update well in advance, especially when flying fast and low. Though the clouds are a little blurry, I prefer this to how they look with default textures and reduced sliders.

Running perfectly, locked at 25FPS, smooth as silkCheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaIntel Pentium IV 3.0GHz (800FSB) Socket 478 pins CPU w/Hyper-Thread Technology MSI 875P NEO FIS2R, AGP 8X, i875P ICH5R Chipset with Gigiabit LanKingmax 512MB PC3200 Double Data Rate (DDR) RAM CAS-2.5- 400MHz Rated x 2BUILT By ATI (Original) Radeon 9800PRO w/TV Out & DVI 128Meg DDRTEAC DV-W50E, 4x DVD-R/ 2x RW, 16xCD-R, 8xCD-RW, 16xDVD, 32x CD-ROM Internal Drive Only Western Digital Raptor 36.0GB HDD IDE, 8MB Cache, 5.2ms, 10,000rpm , S-ATA, w/DataLifeguard WD 40Gig HD for dataATX 470W Pentium IV Power Supply CESkyhawk Jupiter Aluminum CaseHyundai -ImageQuest P910 , 19" Multi-Scan Digital MonitorHercules Game Theater XP, 6.1 speakers Dolby

I run the sim with 4x FSAA, 8x AF, at 1152x864x32bit.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest Boone

It runs beautifully on my old P4 1.5, 256MB RAM, Dimension 8100 but when I install ANY add on plane, frame rates drop considerably.Regards,BooneDublin, Ireland