Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

How to set AA in FS9 and FSX for Nvidia's 2xx.xx drivers (now with working Transparency AA!)

Try AA unchecked, filtering set to Trilinear.
Already unchecked and Trilinear with no difference :-/I have 263.09 drivers it looks like, with Win 7 Home Premium.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

The filtering setting has nothing to do with AA. You don't have AA with these settings and the AA box unchecked in FS9?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

You don't have the settings right.Antialiasing - Mode needs to be set to "Override Any Application Setting" like it is in my screenshot in the initial post.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thank you, I'll have another look. Guess I shouldn't tweak when I have the flu.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Ryan,Since I just rebuilt my system I'm now running a 200 series driver with my NVIDIA 250 GTS and your settings are working very well, thanks.

Hi allThanks Ryan for your very useful information and thanks to all the contributers.I have a new system (I know the graphics is definitively a bottle neck but is the only bit from my old system that I could live with until I save money for a replacement; nVidia GTX580 is on the fire line...). So with that in mind and for the interim I'm asking. I got FS9 running absolutely beatiful in all conditions (a bit of minimal suttering on occasions even with fps at 45-50... but I think that is due to the graphics).The problem is I can't do anything with FSX to be able to fly it. Could anybody tell me what SLI sttings to put on nVidiaInspector 1.9.4.2 to star with in FSX and see if I can inprove the experience? I'm very keen on jumping to FSX but there is no way on erath I can do it with its actual performance (specially when FS9 is running so beautifully as you can imagine) :)Cheers

Kano

Intel i9-12900KF (no overclocked), MSI RTX 3090 Gamin Trio, 64GB XPG Lancer DDR5-5200, Asus ROG STRIX Z690-F Gaming, Seasonic Prime TX 1000w Titanium, Alphacool Eisbaer 280, Fractal Define 7 XL, LG 43UN700 4K

SLI is of little to no benefit in FSX - it's not officially supported by Nvidia. The reason it won't do much is because FSX hardly uses the GPU to begin with, it's almost entirely dependent on the CPU.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Thanks Ryan;So would it better to give up FSX until a new graphics arrives? I can't understand what the problem is though. I'm not short of CPU power so I can't fugure out what is wrong with FSX. I accept that SLI is of little benefit, but would cause trouble if set it up wrongly?By the way, I'll post in the 747 as I've just installed it for the first time in my new system (FS9 only) and the VC is not working properly. I wonder if all is related; the queen always worked absolutely fien in all my previous systems...Cheers

Kano

Intel i9-12900KF (no overclocked), MSI RTX 3090 Gamin Trio, 64GB XPG Lancer DDR5-5200, Asus ROG STRIX Z690-F Gaming, Seasonic Prime TX 1000w Titanium, Alphacool Eisbaer 280, Fractal Define 7 XL, LG 43UN700 4K

Hi Ryan,One thing that makes no sence to me is this!8xS[Combined:1x2SS+4xMS !Then it says you have to disable Antialiasing - Transparency Multi Sampling !Above it says +4xMS ??So why disable it then??I tried it with enabled setting and it seems to work a little bit better for me!Is there any negative matter to it ????A nother thing, it says you have to choose 4xSS (supersampling) but above ite says 1x2SS (1x2=2) and not 4 !So why selecting 4 ??Regards Robert!

Thanks Ryan;So would it better to give up FSX until a new graphics arrives? I can't understand what the problem is though. I'm not short of CPU power so I can't fugure out what is wrong with FSX. I accept that SLI is of little benefit, but would cause trouble if set it up wrongly?By the way, I'll post in the 747 as I've just installed it for the first time in my new system (FS9 only) and the VC is not working properly. I wonder if all is related; the queen always worked absolutely fien in all my previous systems...Cheers
1. You're not overclocked - that's huge for FSX.2. I didn't realize your GPUs were that old - 7 series is pretty far back, that's probably playing a role in your low performance. A single GTX460 (which is under $200 now) will vastly outperform SLI 7 series cards in any game.Regarding your 747 problem, please submit a support ticket describing the problem.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

RyanThankx very much for your reply. I guessed my GPUs could have something to do but as I have had no chance to get a better card I didn't know how much outperformed could be, Thanks for the reference. I know now it is a matter of time (and savings). I'm definitively going for a GTX580 in few months.Regarding overclocking, I was just waitting to be sure what the new grounds hardware wise I was stepping on before starting to push my system and now I have the final bit. Although with the GPUs being such a bottle neck I won't push too much for now. I'll start gently until the GPUs are replaceded.I'll search for the support tickets, I've never need them so thank God I'm not familiar with them!!! :biggrin:Cheers

Kano