Sign in to follow this  
kmanning

Changing the Weather Default in FS9

Hi all,I was wondering if there's a way to change the default temperature and pressure in FS. When FS loads, the temperature is 15 degrees Celsius and standard pressure of 29.92. I know I can go to the weather themes and select a temperature from there but I would have to do that every time I load FS. Is there's a way that when I load the simulator, the default temperature will be 30 degrees Celsius instead of 15.Ken Manning

HelloYes just set everything as you want and save the flight remembering to tick the "make this the default flight box"

HelloYes just set everything as you want and save the flight remembering to tick the "make this the default flight box"
It's true I can do it that way but I still would have to do that on every aircraft I create and save the flight. Is there a way to go into the FS9 configuration or Weather folder and change it to another temperature so that when I load a flight or create a flight, the default temperature will always be 30 degrees Celsius instead of 15? This is the way I perfer to do it, if that's possible. Ken Manning

It's true I can do it that way but I still would have to do that on every aircraft I create and save the flight. Is there a way to go into the FS9 configuration or Weather folder and change it to another temperature so that when I load a flight or create a flight, the default temperature will always be 30 degrees Celsius instead of 15? Ken Manning
HelloWhy would you need to create the flight for every aircraft?1:Create the flight with your preferences using the default Cessna, save it as the default flight.2:load the default flight3:load the aircraft of your choiceThe weather set in the saved default flight is not going to change just because you switched to a different aircraftFor example you are at KSEA in the default cessna via the default flight saved with your weather preferencesYou now load the Level-D 767You are still at KSEA with your weather preferences that you saved into the default flight, only the cessna has changed now into a 767.Would this work for you ?

HelloWhy would you need to create the flight for every aircraft?1:Create the flight with your preferences using the default Cessna, save it as the default flight.2:load the default flight3:load the aircraft of your choiceThe weather set in the saved default flight is not going to change just because you switched to a different aircraftFor example you are at KSEA in the default cessna via the default flight saved with your weather preferencesYou now load the Level-D 767You are still at KSEA with your weather preferences that you saved into the default flight, only the cessna has changed now into a 767.Would this work for you ?
Hi maddog,Yes, it would be okay but I still prefer to change its default temperature if there's a way to do it so that I won't have to load any aircraft twice. Thanks for your input. If anyone knows there's a way to change the default temperature, let me know.Ken Manning

Ken,Any flight that you start from the Create a Flight screen will use the weather saved in your default flight.You only have to do maddog's procedure once, and you don't have to save your default flight with the C172, though it is recommended by some airplane addon developers as it will initialize FS9 in a way most compatible with their aircraft.Again, any flight started from the Create a Flight screen uses the weather saved in the default flight. The out-of-the-box default flight is the C172 at KSEA, and you can change that to whatever you like.Hope this is clear.regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif