Sign in to follow this  
twasono

The Ultimate PSS 777 FDE Tweak

To remove the POSKY T7 VC just download and install the non VC model package from their site. You'll also have to install sideview .bmps and panel.cfg entries if you want those views.Jim Harnes

To remove the POSKY T7 VC just download and install the non VC model package from their site. You'll also have to install sideview .bmps and panel.cfg entries if you want those views.Jim Harnes
Many thanks

Hi Jure,Nandan is correct, if you change your fuel flow scale to 1.15 it will give you a accurate fuel consuption for 200ER with trent895s fitted.
Hi Jack,Will it work with trent892s or other engine types on 777-200ER? Will fuel consumption be good with all engines types?This list for engine types on the aircraft: http://www.triple7-world.info/777prod.htm

I have downloaded the B777 300ER Files, but I now do not wish to use POSKY B777, is there a way I can just use the tweak modifications on my existing PSS B777-300ER, as the Air File names are different, I cannot modify the changes,Appreciate any help.Thanks

Hi Alex,Have you correctly used the "Aircraft.cfg" parameters from the package? I think it has a problem with the autopilot section.Make sure you use the "aircraft.cfg" file from the package. After that you just need to edit the "fltsim" section.I've flown with this 773ER package and everything is fine. Is there any other guys had the same problem with the 773ER?@Clutch Cargo:I have no idea what's going wrong. Have you installed the PSS-777 patch? There is a patch, but I'm not sure it is related to this problem. But maybe you should try it.Best Regards.
Yup sir, I have edited the 773ER aircraft config with your settings, and replaced the .air file with yours.My POSKY 773ER actually comes from the "Mega Merge 777" months ago i found from someone else on the net. But i just took their exterior model and panel.cfg, it shouldn't have much of an effect right? Your FDE tweak only affects the aircraft.cfg and the .air file. But as I said again, the plane is flying like mad with your settings. Any help would be appreciated.Alex

Yup sir, I have edited the 773ER aircraft config with your settings, and replaced the .air file with yours.My POSKY 773ER actually comes from the "Mega Merge 777" months ago i found from someone else on the net. But i just took their exterior model and panel.cfg, it shouldn't have much of an effect right? Your FDE tweak only affects the aircraft.cfg and the .air file. But as I said again, the plane is flying like mad with your settings. Any help would be appreciated.
It might be your "AP_control_coeffs.dat" file has been changed. It is in "FS9\PSS\BOEING777" folder.Please make sure the file is original. If you are not sure, just reinstall the PSS B777.Best Regards.

Just out of curiosity what does "AP_control_coeffs.dat" actually do? I noticed before that Johan Dees had this updated too in his update.

It might be your "AP_control_coeffs.dat" file has been changed. It is in "FS9\PSS\BOEING777" folder.Please make sure the file is original. If you are not sure, just reinstall the PSS B777.Best Regards.
Can you PM me your AP_control_coeffs.dat then? xD (It says that it was last modified in 10/23/2005, dno if it is the original or not)I'm a bit lazy to reinstall. =DAlex

@Skybus2000:

I have downloaded the B777 300ER Files, but I now do not wish to use POSKY B777, is there a way I can just use the tweak modifications on my existing PSS B777-300ER, as the Air File names are different, I cannot modify the changes.
If you are used to edit a merge, you will find it easy to do this.Just use your existing PSS aircraft.cfg as a base. Then replace these sections with the ones from the package:
- weight_and_balance- GeneralEngineData- TurbineEngineData- jet_engine- airplane_geometry- flight_tuning- autopilot- flaps (all)

Then you should also modify the "sim=" parameter in your "fltsim.X" configuration to the follow the .air file name from the package. Of course you should copy the .air file first to the PSS aircraft folder.@Nandan:

Just out of curiosity what does "AP_control_coeffs.dat" actually do? I noticed before that Johan Dees had this updated too in his update.
It is an additional autopilot configuration setting which is customized by PSS for their 777 autopilot handling profiles. @Alex:
Can you PM me your AP_control_coeffs.dat then? xD (It says that it was last modified in 10/23/2005, dno if it is the original or not)I'm a bit lazy to reinstall. =D
I'm really sorry, I am out of town until next week and the file is in my home PC. Maybe some other guys here can post it in the forum. If I'm not mistaken it's just a small text file, so you'll just have to copy and paste the content.@CCA032
can this 77W fly from KJFK to VHHH with 100% fuel ??
Yes, of course. All planes can fly with full of fuel. But you must also adjust the payload (pax and cargo) to make sure that the total gross weight is not exceeded MTOW.Best Regards.

I have the same problem as Alex. What I am doing now is to change the parameters in that file and see how it works.For reference, the parameters in the file without changing anything are,RollOnAilACC=3.85RollOnAilDECEL=5RollOnAilINPUTSTEP=1800RollOnAilMININPUT=1000RollOnAilMAXINPUT=31000PitchOnElevatorACC=1.5PitchOnElevatorDECEL=2PitchOnElevatorINPUTSTEP=100PitchOnElevatorMININPUT=-12384PitchOnElevatorMAXINPUT=14384VSonPitchACC=850VSonPitchDECEL=1500VSonPitchINPUTSTEP=2.5VSonPitchMININPUT=-15VSonPitchMAXINPUT=30SpeedOnElevatorMaxAcc=1SpeedOnElevatorDecArea=15

Danny F

I have the same problem as Alex. What I am doing now is to change the parameters in that file and see how it works.For reference, the parameters in the file without changing anything are,RollOnAilACC=3.85RollOnAilDECEL=5RollOnAilINPUTSTEP=1800RollOnAilMININPUT=1000RollOnAilMAXINPUT=31000PitchOnElevatorACC=1.5PitchOnElevatorDECEL=2PitchOnElevatorINPUTSTEP=100PitchOnElevatorMININPUT=-12384PitchOnElevatorMAXINPUT=14384VSonPitchACC=850VSonPitchDECEL=1500VSonPitchINPUTSTEP=2.5VSonPitchMININPUT=-15VSonPitchMAXINPUT=30SpeedOnElevatorMaxAcc=1SpeedOnElevatorDecArea=15
An update: I changed PitchOnElevatorINPUTSTEP=100 to 33 and it looks like its working. But I don't have time to do a full flight to actually test it.

Danny F

An update: I changed PitchOnElevatorINPUTSTEP=100 to 33 and it looks like its working. But I don't have time to do a full flight to actually test it.
What does it actually change? Affects ILS or what?

What does it actually change? Affects ILS or what?
I used to have porpoising problem when climbing under realistic weather.

Danny F

Guest swadeep

Thanks very much for this tweak! Flown 2 flights so far with 772ER and man I love it! It's the best out there so far definitely! I have yet to update the fuel flow to 1.5 but otherwise great tweak. Did auto land for one of the flights also and it's pretty good! Could be smoother but can't complain to be honest...Has anyone solve the fuel flow issue being too less on 77W and 77L? Please let me know the figures :)Thanks :)