Sign in to follow this  
eriksenp

Active camera questuon

After a long hiatus I reinstalled AC using all the correct files and procedures. From a clean install I go to the VC and when I turn, the screen moves smoothly. But if I click on any change in the setup menu, when I go back to the VC I get a jumping display.The smoothness is gone. If I invoke anything from the keyboard, such as the magnetic compass,<shft+5> for instance, the jumping display in VC mode goes away and the disply is smooth again. I also tried various values for mximum frame rate and that didn't help. Comments, please.

Hi,If I remember well, did you switch off the "Gradual Transition" in Spot Plane view?Rgds,Hugo

HI,Another thought : did you installed Fs9.0 or Fs9.1, and the right version of AC for it?Hugo

After a long hiatus I reinstalled AC using all the correct files and procedures. From a clean install I go to the VC and when I turn, the screen moves smoothly. But if I click on any change in the setup menu, when I go back to the VC I get a jumping display.The smoothness is gone. If I invoke anything from the keyboard, such as the magnetic compass,<shft+5> for instance, the jumping display in VC mode goes away and the disply is smooth again. I also tried various values for mximum frame rate and that didn't help. Comments, please.
You may want to check this AC update page to be sure you have the version which matches your current FS installation.http://www.anticyclone.be/preset.htmGood Luck!

Hi, and thanks for the inputs. I was careful to install the correct files for AC. Also, inasmuch as I am using FS 9.1, I installed the no-cd crack for 9.1. But I have other problems. In VC mode I can't use the mouse wheel (pressed) to pan around the cockpit. It will go just so far and pop back to the center again. Another problem popped up. I unistalled AC and removed the registry entry folder. I did a search and removed all the AC stuff I could find. Now with all that stuff removed I can't pan horizontally in VC mode any more. Vertical panning is OK. When I try to pan horizontally the panel just jitters back and forth. I double checked the joystick setting for the hat swich. It's good.----The one thing I did not do yet is put the original (must have CD) fs nine back in. None of the above affects FSX. Stay tuned. Paul

Yhe one thing I did not do yet is put the original (must have CD) fs nine back in. Paul
FYI - Disk 4 is only used to start the "game". It can be removed once FS2004 has booted as it is not consulted again until such time as you need to restart the "game" again.

The latest in my quest for mitigation of my problem. I put the original executable back in and the problem persists. Long story short. The only places I can think of are the config file, the registry, or a rogue .DLL file that I can't seem to find. I found that when the plane is on the ground everything works as advertised until I make the first move as opening the throttle the least bit (in order to taxi). At that time when I try to use the hat switch to pan left and right all I get out of it is the jitters as I explained before. Also the keyboard controls for panning (shift+ numpad or ctrl+ numpad) do the same thing. In my config file there are only two entries for POV. Not having a config file to compare it to, I don't know if that is all there is or what. Still scratching my head.Paul