Sign in to follow this  
baw079

Loadsheet Weights & TOPCAT

Bryan,first of all let me thank you in an absolutely brilliant piece of software interaction with the good old trusted B767. I've used the old fs2crew programs for ages but this has certainly pushed the level of realism up a notch or three!Unfortunately, there is always one isn't there :( I use TOPCAT to configure my BA and Thomson liveries aircrafts. However, the weight and balance details given by fs2crew loadsheets etc do not coincide with what the W&B actually are according to TOPCAT and my FMC.Is there something else I should be doing to get fs2crew to accept my BA & Thomson aircraft as everything else works absolutely superb.Thanks again.Willie Goldie

Guest BenBaron

Hi Willie,there is a known issue because of the way the LevelD handles the weights internally. As Bryan has to rely on the SDK there is currently no work around. Safest way is to use the LevelD Load Editor and load the FS2CREW Panel Situation File. This way it should work...otherwise just use what TOPCAT tells you (I am doing that, too) and there won't be any problem with FS2CREW.

Hi Willie,there is a known issue because of the way the LevelD handles the weights internally. As Bryan has to rely on the SDK there is currently no work around. Safest way is to use the LevelD Load Editor and load the FS2CREW Panel Situation File. This way it should work...otherwise just use what TOPCAT tells you (I am doing that, too) and there won't be any problem with FS2CREW.
What Ben said.Basically the way it works is that the Loadsheet value generated by Operations (and said over the radio), and what is given in the Loadhseet that gets handed to you, comes directly from the Level-D SDK.From testing and experience, the LDS SDK will generate for FS2Crew an accurate ZFW value if:1. You run the Level-D 767 Config Manager, update the weights, etc., there, and then click 'Save'.2. Next, load the Level-D 767 and Import the FS2Crew Panel State.The ZFW values should then match up.However, it's finicky... if you import Panel Data that has its own fuel load/payload values, it tends to throw the ZFW value generated by the SDK out of whack.Easiest solution, just use TOPCAT if you have TOPCAT.Cheers,

Thanks for the quick response guys.Will continue with TOPCAT and it won't spoil my fun - fantastic otherwise.Willie Goldie

Guys,excuse my stupidity here but I'm clutching at strwas probably.When I set my loadsheet etc using TOPCAT and then load B767, I have all the correct weights loaded and showing in FMC etc.Can I ask what changes when FS2crew is also loaded after TOPCAT sets the weight and balance? Does FS2crew load a different setting etc?Additionally, I take it FS2crew is reading the weight inKg's and this isn't a problem.Thanks, just trying to get to grips with this.CheersWillie Goldie

Hi Willie,FS2Crew doesn't change any weight settings at all... in fact, I even stripped the payload and weight sections out the of FS2Crew import panel data (should use wish to use the FS2Crew panel state).Also remember that the ZFW value listed in the Loadsheet, and which is available on the radio, is just a displayed value; it doesn't affect the underlying simulation in any way. It's just a number and you can chose to ignore if so desired if you want to generate your own loadsheet values (such as those generated by TOPCAT).Also, the ZFW weights will appear on the FS2Crew loadsheet in Pounds or Kilos: It depends on the units of measurement you selected in the FS Options Menu (feet, inches or feet millibars or feet meters).Cheers,

On my (FSX) system I was able to get FS2Crew to work correctly with Topcat during beta testing by doing the following:* Setting the FS2Crew panel state as the default panel state for the 767* Creating my loads in Topcat and saving them before starting FSX* Opening the loadsheet when prompted during load of the 767Also, I always load a default aircraft first at the airport/gate I want to fly from, then load the 767. I'm not sure this last step matters, but something to experiment with.Topcat can also set weights using FSUIPC, but in this case the weights reported by FS2Crew will not be correct (at least not on my system).Hope this helps,Tom

On my (FSX) system I was able to get FS2Crew to work correctly with Topcat during beta testing by doing the following:* Setting the FS2Crew panel state as the default panel state for the 767* Creating my loads in Topcat and saving them before starting FSX* Opening the loadsheet when prompted during load of the 767Also, I always load a default aircraft first at the airport/gate I want to fly from, then load the 767. I'm not sure this last step matters, but something to experiment with.Topcat can also set weights using FSUIPC, but in this case the weights reported by FS2Crew will not be correct (at least not on my system).Hope this helps,Tom
Hi Tom,Thanks for sharing that good info. I don't use TOPCAT so I have to rely on my testers.FS2Crew would not be able to read TOPCAT data... maybe in the future I might add such functionality if it's possible (and it might be if TOPCAT uses FSUIPC).Cheers,

Hi Tom,Thanks for sharing that good info. I don't use TOPCAT so I have to rely on my testers.FS2Crew would not be able to read TOPCAT data... maybe in the future I might add such functionality if it's possible (and it might be if TOPCAT uses FSUIPC).Cheers,
Hi Bryan,Topcat can be configured to add a loadsheet and a take off and landing report into the FSX Kneeboard. It simply creates a textfile called topcat.txt that sits in the LVLD_B763 directory. I guess it would be fairly easy to have this pop up as the loadsheet in FS2Crew, which would be cool.It would be even better if you could scan through this text file and get the ZFW, passenger numbers. MACTOW, stab trim and V1 VR and V2 for the PCS.Hope you can find the time to do this.Great product by the way.Best wishesSteve

Stephen Munn

Hi Bryan,Topcat can be configured to add a loadsheet and a take off and landing report into the FSX Kneeboard. It simply creates a textfile called topcat.txt that sits in the LVLD_B763 directory. I guess it would be fairly easy to have this pop up as the loadsheet in FS2Crew, which would be cool.It would be even better if you could scan through this text file and get the ZFW, passenger numbers. MACTOW, stab trim and V1 VR and V2 for the PCS.Hope you can find the time to do this.Great product by the way.Best wishesSteve
Yes I second this, would be great to see a version that uses the various outputs that TOPCAT can do, TOPCAT really is an amazing bit of software I run it over a network off a second PC. I think its worth considering incorporating it into FS2CREW as TOPCAT can output for various add-ons and more than likely will be able to for the upcoming PMDG 737, it already can for the 747.Reagards

Please count me in. Any cooperation between Topcat and FS2Crew would be very welcome indeed :(

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I am a TOPCAT user as well and that would be great if the loads could be read from the kneeboard after the pass from TOPCAT. And, BTW Bryan, thanks for pointing me to TOPCAT. Absolutely love it . . .Joe

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

Thanks for the quick response guys.Will continue with TOPCAT and it won't spoil my fun - fantastic otherwise.Willie Goldie
I use _TOPCAT too and bunch of other softwares and they are all well coordinated. The only think is that before your load you planes on the TOPCAT window, go to export load sheet, then browse find the aircraft.cfg from LEVEL D than the livery you want to use and finally click save.After that you load your plane and follow then the instruction for Fs2Crew and you'll see you will have the same weight (even-tough the difference might be few kg up or down).Happy flying!