Sign in to follow this  
Guest jason2112

Getting GPS Window to 2nd Monitor

Guest JohnN

Hi Guys,Hope one of you can tell me how to drag a GPS window over to my 2nd monitor. A typical drag just doesn't seem to work.Thanx, John

Guest gfk777

Right click and "undock" it. It will then appear in a window with a title bar that you can drag.

Guest jason2112

This was discussed before I got my copy of FS2004 ... can anbody confirm that this method works in '04? I certainly can't do it anymore, worked perfectly in '02. Maybe it's a driver or graphics card problem - I have a Geforce Ti4200 with Detonator 44.67 drivers. Does it work with ATI cards?I especially bought my second monitor for FS, and I'm really disappointed that I can't undock any windows and move them to the 2nd monitor. Going to window mode is a temporary fix, but nothing I want to everytime I want to move a window :(Any input?VOlker :]

Guest JohnN

Hi Again,An interesting thought. I neglected to mention that I was refering to FS2004. I'd never tried it in 2002 except to move my FSNavigator screen over to the monitor - which program has a feature built in - and of course was no problem. I have an ATI 9700 Pro, so I don't think it's a video card problem if the same thing is happening on a Nvidia card. I sure hope it's do-able in 2004.John

Guest gfk777

Works fine in FS2004. Can you move just the cursor between monitors? If not, look at the "display properties" (right click on desktop)/"Settings" tab. It shows how the display real estate is laid out. If you can move the cursor between displays, you should be able to move "undocked" windows between displays.

Go to Window Mode (Alt-Enter).Undock It, (Right Click and Undock) and drag it over.Go back to full screen mode (Alt-Enter).It will stay over there to use, but may have a few unusual characteristics that you can live with (depending on your video card.)Not very good but do-able !!!!Another step backwards...:-grrBob (Lecanto, Fl)AMD, Athlon XP, 1800+MSI, K7T266 XP ProPC 2100 DDR, 1024 MBXP, Home Edition Elsa GLadiac 920, GF3/64Mb andPNY, Verto nVidia TNT 2-M64/32WD, 100 MB, 7200, Ultra 100Sound Blaster, Audigy MP3+CH Prod, VPP Yoke - Sound CardCH Prod, Pedals - Sound Card

Hi, See my note (topic 135922) which gives a work around for Fullscreen/WindowsMode multi monitor problems.Yellowjack

Guest jason2112

gfk777: yes, in FS2004 I can move my cursor between the two monitors without problems, just as I could in FS2002. But when I right-click on any window, the "undock" option is greyed out.Regarding the different window/fullscreen fixes - I like to change planes and open windows quite often, so I don't see that as an option. FS2004 was advertised as having improved multi-monitor capabilities. MS must have forgot to include these capabilities in the final build ...VOlker :]