Sign in to follow this  
dsweiner

LANDING LIGHTS ILLUMINATION OF RUNWAY IN FSX

Go into your settings and one of the tabs are "Aircraft" I believe, well in there, make sure you have "Landing Lights illuminate the ground" checked. Just out of thought, make sure you have the landing lights on as well! :(

Also very few aircraft actually have quality landing lights modeled...This one for example does:http://lotussim.com/features-general-landinglights.html

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Why don't the landing lights illuminate the runway?Any help would be appreciated.Thanks,David
Does it happen with default planes, add-on or both? Did it start recently? screenshots would help.

Does it happen with default planes, add-on or both? Did it start recently? screenshots would help.
It happens on all planes. I'm using A2A 3D Shockwave lights also. I thought that might improve the situation but it didn't. I'll take some pictures and post them later.Thanks,David
Go into your settings and one of the tabs are "Aircraft" I believe, well in there, make sure you have "Landing Lights illuminate the ground" checked. Just out of thought, make sure you have the landing lights on as well! :(
That's been done.Don't you have the same problem with the lights?Thanks,David

Do you use REX? If so, you have to uncheck Landing Lights in your REX options.

Daniel

Do you use REX? If so, you have to uncheck Landing Lights in your REX options.
What is and where is REX?Thanks,David

I don't know FSX but this problem in Fs9 is easily cured by ammending the .cfg file so that you have this: SEE_SELF=1If the same exists in FSX then I think your problem would be resolved.vololiberista

Attached are screen shots of default 737-800.Thanks,David

I don't know FSX but this problem in Fs9 is easily cured by ammending the .cfg file so that you have this: SEE_SELF=1If the same exists in FSX then I think your problem would be resolved.vololiberista
FSX has the same thing.Thanks,David

Attached are screen shots of default 737-800.
From your screenshot, it's clear the landing and taxi lights are working. FSX's lights aren't as blindingly bright as they are in FS9; in fact they are rather anemic.Also, no "add on light effect files" such as Shockwave's will illuminate the ground. They merely add a "bloom effect" at the point source (light bulb!)... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

From your screenshot, it's clear the landing and taxi lights are working. FSX's lights aren't as blindingly bright as they are in FS9; in fact they are rather anemic.Also, no "add on light effect files" such as Shockwave's will illuminate the ground. They merely add a "bloom effect" at the point source (light bulb!)... :(
Hi:Am I the only person using FSX that has this problem? There should be info somewhere that will solve this problem.Thanks,David

Am I the only person using FSX that has this problem?
What's in your posted picture is what I see in my FSX installation. The only difference is that you see it as a problem and I have never considered it so.I have never liked flying in FSX at night. While visability during landing is not a problem, seeing my way from the runway onto a taxiway is nearly impossible.

Art