Sign in to follow this  
Russell

B777 for FS2004 (Both FS2004 and FSX Installed)

I wasn't sure where to post this, in the FS2004 or the PSS ForumMy computer is running on Windows XP, SP3 and I have loaded both FS 2004 and FSX. FS 2004 is loaded on my main hard drive ©, and FSX is loaded and running on an external drive (L). I have been using FS 2004 for several years without any problems. I installed FSX a couple of months ago, and until now, didn't notice any problems. For the first time since the FSX installation, I tried to use the PSS B777 program (FS2004). The system loaded ok, but when I tried to configure the load for the aircraft, the utility was not appearing and I was unable with the following message: "Cannot locate MS FS 9.0 Directory. Unable to import configuration." or words to that effect, I don't recall the exact message right now. Then I found the FSTweak on this [AVSIM] forum to address this, now I can configure the fuel and load, and open FS 9.0 with the correct aircraft, but when I try to program the FMC/CDU on the PERF page, the system freezes. It was suggested that I use the Registry Tool available from Flight One, I tired this as well, the system still responds the with the same issue (freezing).Any suggestions?Thanks, Russell

Russell,Looks as if you have sorted out the original registry problem. Just to check that the load manager is working correctly - when you save a load do you see the aircraft.cfg update??The freeze at CDU input is odd (have not seen it since the early days) - are you using the JF PSS 777 release or are you manually installing from a PSS back-up?John R

Thanks for the reply John. I have tried repairing the registry, and I can now configure the flight with the proper load. I can also open FS2004 and select the proper aircraft. It also appears that the aircraft is configured properly. The PSS 777 is a JustFlight DVD version. The system still freezes when I program the CDU. The odd thing is... when I enter the data on the PERF page, it freezes when I enter the data for the last information needed before moving on to the next step. In other words, no matter what order I enter the information, ALT, COST INDEX, ZFW, or FUEL, it is always the final input that freezes the system. I have tried several orders of entering the data, and the freeze always happens when trying to enter the information for the last item needed. The whole computer freezes, sometimes I have to power off the computer and sometimes I can Ctrl-Alt-Del to restore control.I have had no issues with this program before, so I suspect it has something to do with FSX. Like I said, this is the first time using it since installing FSX. I have a couple of other add-ons for FS2004 and haven't noticed any problems, I also ahev B737 PIC, ERJ (Wilco), B757 CS, and F1 ATR. For FSX (Gold), I have PMDG B747 abd Aerosoft F16. This seems to be the only program with a problem that I have noticed at this time.Thanks for the suggestions and assistance.Russell

Have you tried an uninstall/reinstall with the JF DVD?Sounds like a conflict/error with with one of the gauge files - I have FS9 & FSX running together so I'll have a look later today.John R

Actually my next step was to uninstall/reinstall. I was just waiting for any other suggestions.

See how that goes. I have just run my 777 with FSX also installed {for the first time in several months} and the Perf Page gave no problems. BTW I assume that you have got our old friend voronoi.dat in the FS9 root folder? Let me know how you get on.John R

It appears that everything is working properly now, I had to uninstall and reinstall, then install all the updates.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.