Sign in to follow this  
Guest Id Rather Be Flying

Take a close look at your hour meter.

Guest A_Delta_Sierra

Look closely at the hour meter and you should notice that it now accumulates TOTAL hours. It maintains TOTAL engine hours, not just the time in the current session.I found the files that the sums are stored in also. Can't recall the location, but I am sure you can find them. Now besure and get the oil changed on time and do the O.H. when it is due. And no rolling the hours back if you are selling the plane!I guess we asked for it, and now we have it. All things are not ignored by the sw engineers.Regards,BobS

LOLThe files in question are in the same directory as your FS9.cfg.AIRCRAFT folderI saw it, looked at it..studied..couldnt figure out, just what the heck it was supposed to be for.Now i know.What a waste of space, time to program, and what little CPU useage it takes to record this info.No wonder 90% of the posts about FS9 are performance related..wonder what other crap like this, is running in the background.

Guest nutmeat

I would say that at some point MS might be considering a maintenance/cost of operation feature. Or, it could be for a third party add on. I noted that all of the aircraft are tallied, not just those with a meter. This cannot add much to the CPU usage as time is being calculated at many points for the FD anyway. The files are probably not updated until the flight is over so no overhead there.Larry Shinn

Just a warning. Those hours are reported to MS every time you go on-line for weather. Current useage is determined by tracking the cumulative totals over time and are logged against your IP address. MS sends advisory notices to the appropriate government agency in all cases where your useage meets proscribed guidelines. Also, never fly an airplane or helicopter with all black textures as those hours are immediately reported for review and action (ever wonder why FS9 will sometimes try to access the internet for no apparent reason?).Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest 747drvr

? ok now that is weird...but you never know I've heard of stranger things in the last two years..

Guest Gordius

And did you know that every time you fly over any country within the middle east while online that your flight is recorded in spot mode by the FBI and MI5 including a close up of your cockpit to record your eye colour weight and age?Also, if you have a flight plan which involves entering Russian Airspace stored on your PC and created by COF (not FS2002) that the plan is copied on a big server at KGB HQ along with the serial number of your CD-ROM drive and the middle name of your Mother's Great Aunt Bob.Oh, I forgot to mention that I am an alien from the planet Zarg.*:-* :-ufo2

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

As if the above weren't enough, I have an added bonus: I have a BUNCH of bridges for sale if anyone is interested? If you don't believe me, look around and you will see that bridges are missing which I have for sale. ;-)

Guest rogue1

ROTFLMAO! :-xxrotflmao:-spacecraftI've also got some swamp land in Florida for sale.