Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lizardo

Florida Landclass v2.0 and http://www.fsfreeware.com

Guest JoeW

This morning I uploaded the Version 2.0 of Florida Landclass and in the read_me there is a clause that states; "This scenery is freeware and may not be used to make money. It also may not be uploaded to sites that charge for access as I consider that making money off my scenery. The following sites are considered to be Pay - For - Access: FlightSim.com, FSPlanet.com, FSFreeware.com."Sometime back when John Cillis first came out with Landclass Assistant, I made a series of files Named "Alaskan Cities" that Mr.Raimondo Taburet downloaded and Posted on his FSFreeware site. I did not send it to him. It was only uploaded to Flightsim and avsim. I saw it on his site and asked that it be removed. About 6 months ago I saw an add for his site a payware Named " Alaskan Cities" No... I don't know if it was mine or not, but the number of the cities were very close to what I had done. Now, today I recieve this email:Joe;At Fsfreeware - the file library is completely open to all - and free.You have the right to distribute your work where you like - and I always respected your wish - and be honest.I can make you sure - none of us at FSfreeware - Flightsim - or Fsplanet - will consider you as a respected author - if you keep defaming our sites - in Favour of Avsim.Please take this onboard -regardsRaimondoRaimondo Taburethttp://www.fsfreeware.comIf this site is really free to enter, then he has made an about face because when i tryed to enter a few weeks ago, I could not enter.If I/we have the right to choose where my/our files are uploaded to, then I stand on the fact that I don't want any of my files on Mr. Raimondo Taburet's site.I uploaded it to avsim only..... thats where i want it.Maybe one day I can be a "respected author" Joe Watson

Who cares what Raimondo thinks? Do with your files what you want.Good luck.

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

>I can make you sure - none of us at FSfreeware - Flightsim - or Fsplanet - will consider you as a respected author - if you keep defaming our sites - in Favour of Avsim.:-lol People these days.... I totally forgot about FSfreeware after they started having pay-memberships only.... like 5 new files a week and slow downloads.... no thanks..... flightsim.com - all nodes are busy and 5 kb/sec downloads - I can live with it.... FSPlanet... oh please.... do I even have to start? :-lol AVSIM is my home :DJason :-wave

Don't knock Raimondo too hard ... he's an excellent fellow and has given enormously in freeware contributions to our hobby.He runs fs.freeware for this community, which was what it said ... free. Then his cost of doing this started to soar (if you have anything to do with websites, reading this, you'll know what I mean) and he tried to introduce a shareware - NOT solely pay-to-view - system, with free access STILL there if you looked hard enough. I, for one, DID stop uploading files to him at that point, as did many, because the whole thing just looked too difficult; but he has since backed off that plan, it seems.Yes, he takes freeware files from elsewhere that have not been uploaded by authors - mine included - but as long as access is free, which it IS today, I have no problem with that. I get a little peeved with the prima donnas who moan that their files have been uploaded to freeware sites without their permission; why do you do it it in the first place, if you don't want them downloaded as much as possible? Yes, there are sites that break the rules, and so criticism of them is fair enough; but Raimondo's is not one of them.Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontP.S. Joe ... love your work. Have it all. Wouldn't fly the East Coast without it. And having lived in NY, FL and MD, I'm critical!http://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Don't the Premier memberships at FlightSim.com just go to support the bandwidth cost of the site? It's gotta be a huge amount of money to serve up that much bandwidth per month... You don't HAVE to have a membership to download anything in the FS.com library - I don't think that just because you can pay to not get a busy message/have no banner ads etc that it means Nels is making a profit off your work. AVSIM has benner ads that Tom and co. are making money from and that doesn't mean they're profiting from your work - these sites may post freeware files, but they're certanly not free to operate.Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest JoeW

Thanks Guys.It would be interesting to see if the Alaskan Cities of his have the same errors that mine did. Those of you that are bush flyers know what I'm talking about.respected author wanna beJoe Watson

Yes, this is how I see it. I am a Premier Member at flightsim.com, as it happens.However, whilst I don't agree with Joe's opinion, it is up to him where he posts his work and which sites he choses to bar.Alastair

Heck Joe, you even have trouble loggin into sites you are a full member of (Cub Flyers !)... :-lol :-lolFSFreeware is free and anybody can enter it...... Only if you want MORE there is the option to pay and get faster access or download speeds... just like Flightsim.com. I am sure that Raimondo will take your files off if you ask him to, he's a gentleman and 'respected author' too.... LOL ! ;-):-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_052.htm]Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][br][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose4.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2][/td][tr][/table

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Guest Lizardo

Haha, I wasn't defending anyone..or their rudeness...merely saying that that is the "free" door. :-)