Sign in to follow this  
Allan Burek

FSX Freezing...Sort Of

Hi All,Ive had this issue for quite some time, and since then have just dealt with it. I figured I'd come here to see if anyone has had this or a similar issue. Basically, and any given point of a flight in FSX in full screen or windowed mode, it will SORT OF freeze. By this I mean that I can still hear sound, and the mouse cursor still moves around, but I can't click on any clickspots on panels, or even make the FSX toolbar appear when I hit the ALT key. This will last for 7-8 minutes, and then everything goes back to normal. If there any messages that were sent over FSInn during the "blackout" they will come through when everything comes back, so I know its not a total system freeze. It seems to happen more with PMDG aircraft (the 747 more than the MD11) and usually only in areas that are not default scenery, but I don't know for sure that I haven't had the problem in regular default scenery or over water.As I mentioned it only happens once in a while, and really only one or two (MAX) times a flight. It is frustrating, because eventually its going to happen when Im under ATC control and I dont want to ruffle any feathers on that end. My specs are below in my signature. I have tried my computer with the following parts being replaced:- HDD- Video Card (GTX 275)- Win XP x64, Vista Ultimate x64 and even now in Win7 x 64- RAM interchanged as wellI'd hate to think its a motherboard, because I really dont want to go installing everything again, but I didnt have this issue with my previous Gigabyte board. I have been sure to set up FSX and tune it properly, taking my time and not rushing any aspect of it. I also defrag monthly with OO Defrag. So thats it, anyone who can shed some light on this would receive my eternal gratefulness. Thanks!

Hi All,Ive had this issue for quite some time, and since then have just dealt with it. I figured I'd come here to see if anyone has had this or a similar issue. Basically, and any given point of a flight in FSX in full screen or windowed mode, it will SORT OF freeze. By this I mean that I can still hear sound, and the mouse cursor still moves around, but I can't click on any clickspots on panels, or even make the FSX toolbar appear when I hit the ALT key. This will last for 7-8 minutes, and then everything goes back to normal. If there any messages that were sent over FSInn during the "blackout" they will come through when everything comes back, so I know its not a total system freeze. It seems to happen more with PMDG aircraft (the 747 more than the MD11) and usually only in areas that are not default scenery, but I don't know for sure that I haven't had the problem in regular default scenery or over water.As I mentioned it only happens once in a while, and really only one or two (MAX) times a flight. It is frustrating, because eventually its going to happen when Im under ATC control and I dont want to ruffle any feathers on that end. My specs are below in my signature. I have tried my computer with the following parts being replaced:- HDD- Video Card (GTX 275)- Win XP x64, Vista Ultimate x64 and even now in Win7 x 64- RAM interchanged as wellI'd hate to think its a motherboard, because I really dont want to go installing everything again, but I didnt have this issue with my previous Gigabyte board. I have been sure to set up FSX and tune it properly, taking my time and not rushing any aspect of it. I also defrag monthly with OO Defrag. So thats it, anyone who can shed some light on this would receive my eternal gratefulness. Thanks!
Sounds like stressed video memory and / or core. My GTX 8800 used to do that. Get a GTX460 1gig, OClock it @910 core and be done with it. Besides, its the quietist card that nVidia had in a long time.jjajja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png