Sign in to follow this  
Juni

Liveries problem on windows 7

I just updated my compuer to windows 7 . After putting PMDG 747-400 , I am unable to put any liveries. pls help

Full names in this forum please.Try running the installer as admin, and assign admin rights to the MSFS folder and subdirectories.

Dan Downs KCRP

I just updated my compuer to windows 7 . After putting PMDG 747-400 , I am unable to put any liveries. pls help
How do I do that !! I am very new to all this. Thanks Jay Halim

Just right click the installer (the this you downloaded for the livery) and choose "Run as admin" from the list.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Just right click the installer (the this you downloaded for the livery) and choose "Run as admin" from the list.
I did. still nothing happens??? I downloaded the PMDG 747-400 . When I go to PMDG for liveries. I install but they do not appear in FSX. What should I do???

When your at the Aircraft selection page within FSX, make sure the box titled "Show all Variations" is checked.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

When your at the Aircraft selection page within FSX, make sure the box titled "Show all Variations" is checked.
Thank You very much Sir!!! You are a blessing in disguise. Thank you once again. Everything is perfect nowJay Halim

You're very welcome, glad it got straightened out for you.

Dan Prunier

Hi Dan et al,Just an observation and a comment...This question I have noticed gets asked alot and I wonder whether this particular resolution deserves a "sticky" being pinned? I'm sure this advice applies to all products and not just the PMDG 747.Do you agree and if so, how do we get this topic pinned?Just a thought...cheers,

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Hiya Mark, I agree that it comes up a lot but also agree it's more an FSX general missed informative type of thing. Not a bug, but just something we all needed to get use to,,, once. Only the PMDG staff could pin it here, but like you mentioned, I don't think it would fit. Perhaps if we had one long post listing some of the most FAQ's and listed answers perhaps it would get a sticky.A somewhat non related, yet related topic. I was banned from the FSDreamteam site because Virtuosity (or whatever his name is) didn't like me much about the FAQ.I asked on his forum what the time limit was on the demo. I searched the forum of course before posting this and found nothing. I checked his website and again,,, nothing. He replied a very long winded reply (even longer than this :( ) and went on and on how he was sick of this question asked so much and I should RTFM. That was out 1st problem. Having the owner himself say "RTFM". A manual of course I had not seen and at the time only available after actually installing the product... Anywho, to get back on topic. I apologised for something I should not have been sorry for, and recommended that he add this question to his FAQ since the only questions in the FAQ were not FAQ at all but only crap like "How can I buy this software?" and "Do you have other ways to pay for it?" Long story short the ONLY questions in his FAQ were about buying and absolutely nothing about anything else. Oh, and I also mentioned he didn't have to talk down so much to his forum members and commented on how my simple question really didn't need to be replied to with the word "Obviously" used 10+ times (There are two forum moderators/Authors in the FS community that rip apart their customer base and over use the word "Obviously", do you know the other?).Anwyay, the real point here outside of my venting is so many companies have a crap FAQ. Normally having nothing at all that's Frequently asked. Having done web sites for years I do know that most of the time FAQ are created in the beginning and at the time of web site creation. So many sites I did where I would recommend they update their FAQ every few months and not one every did. In this case the issue again is a user knowledge error of just not knowing, but I bet tons of companies get asked it often enough for it to be a worthy "FAQ".PS. I tactfully got my point across but "obviously" made virtuosity look like an idiot (accidental I assure you :() so he actually started deleting lines from my post/reply. Then he changed it all together before I called him out for it, then he deleted it and banned me, hahahaha. I have the whole thing captured in both Word on screenshots. One of these days when I finish my Hangar website I plan to post my experiences. The best part for me is his site is IP address only so no order number or way to tie me to my user name,,, hmmm, if I really wanted to be difficult I could really have some fun with him :(

Dan Prunier