Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bob I

Are we ever going to have such "graphics"...

Everyone, thank you for your replies!I was actually thinking that people will start saying "Nooo, not in 100 years". But I also think that it is possible, and not so very far in the future. Every step until now, 10 years back, has been huge. And I hope we continue "hoping" in these steps. So that one day we really can enjoy such graphics in 40fps fluently! :)And realtime reflections, I don't think they are so far reached. You just need more and more power on the graphics, and this field is also advancing rapidly.What I was kind "future-thinking" - now this might sound like SciFi, but nevertheless - is that someone invents some device that would "give" you the feeling of sitting in the airplane. Like you were in the seat. That this device sends some kind of implulses to the brain, that would trigger the "knowledge" of specific feeling, because when you sit in the aircraft, the brain is "telling" you what you are feeling, it decyphers the feeling, so I guess it must be possible to artificialize it. This might be just a dream, but I guess it's also possible... like a holodeck too :)

Guest LLgaz

I don't really want to hijack the thread but the one thing I notice about this thread is that everyone is talking about FS20...this and FS20..that. Microsoft, microsoft, microsoft.Do you guys really think that Microsoft will be the only company that will be making desktop commercial flight sims in the future? In the past we've had Fly, Flight Unlimited, and we still have X-plane. There's possibly others that I don't know about. But in all the discussions, no one seems to be talking about X-plane 2020. So what do you think? Everything else will fall by the wayside and it will only be Microsoft down the road? Or will someone else....maybe Chris Willis or the PMDG team or JohnCi will create a new company and give us a new sim? :) T'would be sad indeed if Microsoft had no competition at all when FS2020 is released.

Guest mmorrell

Hehe... good point. I would love to see some competition. I spent endless hours flying SubLogic's ATP (with pretty good AI ATC), and when FLY! first came out I loved it but as time went by and I started building a home cockpit, MSFS became the only show in town because of the ablility to interface with it and the plethora of hardware and add-ons available for it. MSFS is a franchise much like Windows itself... it is the operating system for my cockpit.I would have to think that as the popularity of flight simulation grows that others with vision and talent, like Richard Harvey, will join the fray and give MS a run for the money.The thing I would like to see integrated is "system-ware" - to replicate accurately the different systems on board an aircraft and provide a way to interface to that :) FLY! has a bit of that and it was the thing that drew me to it away from MS. It is innovation like that that is required to draw the crowd away from MS.

Guest Bob I

Hi,Hope so..........Layabout