Sign in to follow this  
Guest jordan

3D on the cheap

Some months ago a number of threads sprang up about 3D effects without using the 3D shutter glasses but by using Anaglyph glasses.Over in the MS flightsim ng this subject raised its head again but this time with an even cheaper solution for those using LCD screens such as laptops.Here is the link to the theory and practice.http://individual.utoronto.ca/iizuka/research/cellophane.htmHave fun.

Guest jordan

After reading this scientific paper, I decided to try it for myself.I wrapped Saran Wrap around my flatpanel display, spray-painted one side green, and the other red. Then I took out my GeForce4 and replaced it with a freshly toasted Pop Tart (Blue Berry I think).My framerates are very low now, and sometimes my computer locks up, or fails to boot up at all, but the inside of my computer smells yummy so I think I'll leave things as I have them now. Also I have no depth-perception, so I never fully realized the 3d sensation.Seriously, it was a good read. Thanks for the heads up!

Guest jordan

I contacted the helpdesk at the BlueBerry Pop Tart division of Kellogg's and they said they were aware of the problem, and that they were currently working on a new flavor that is more compatible. I can't believe I was the only one having this problem. I mean tons of people use the Blue Berry right? I should have stayed with Toaster Strudels. I quit.