Sign in to follow this  
ulisses

multi-texture in FS2004

Hi,In FS2002 I could turn multi-texture OFF, in FS2004 I tried to uncheck the render to texture option but looks like I still have multi-texture in the scenery, for example the runway has some details that only showed in FS2002 with multi-texture. Any idea ?thanks,ulisses

Guest Max Cowgill

Why would you want to turn multi-texturing off? Are you running a Voodoo 1? If you have a video card made within the last 5 years it will run faster (and look better) with multi-texturing on. Also, there is no "bumping" allowed on the forums (just to let you know before one of the mods does).-Max Cowgill

In FS2002 I had a smooth movement (mainly when taxing) with multi-texture OFF. Can you answer my question in how to turn off multi-texture in FS2004 ? I'd like to test...About the bump, I see many people "bumping" here, so I thought I could do the same, but if it isn't allowed I can post the topic again.Thanks,Ulisses

Guest Max Cowgill

What video card are you running? What are your system specs? I find it extremely odd that you would get better performance without multi-texturing and I know the picture quality must've degraded severely (unless your turning multi-texturing off wasn't truly taking effect). I don't know how to turn multi-texturing off in FS2k4 since I deleted FS2k4 and returned back to FS2k2. Try the search feature (or perhaps someone who has FS2k4 will be kind enough to share the answer).Re-posting of the same topic isn't allowed either. You may want to brush up on the forum rules so you don't run into these issues again.-Max Cowgill

Ulisses,try the options/settings/display menu and use the slider "Terrain Detail" to say land only, that will give you the multitexture look like it was in FS2002. If you have this slider to the far left they're disabled.Hope this helps,Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAthlonXP2000,AbitKX7-333(latest4in1),512MB/2700SDRAM,WinXP,DirectX8.1,Geforce3TI200(128MB)(Det.30.82),SBlive(WDM5.1.2601.0)

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Guest wathomas777

"Re-posting of the same topic isn't allowed either. You may want to brush up on the forum rules so you don't run into these issues again."I looked in the terms of use, and the rules and regulations and could not see any rules regarding "bumping" or re-posting. And since that is done regularly here, I'm guessing a bunch of us are plain ignorant.Please point us to the right area so that we don't breach protocol again and commit another faux pas.Thanks. :-)

Thanks so much Pete for the help ! I'll give it a try.Ulisses

"Please point us to the right area so that we don't breach protocol again and commit another faux pas."I couldn't find that rule too.Ulisses

To add to the other response, indeed you move the Terrain Detail slider all the way left to remove the multi-texturing.Enabling multi-texturing will not "speed up" video performance--something I believe was implied in this thread. Multi-texturing is just that--it's the feature which adds the nice grainy appearance to the ground textures. I like it...it adds a sensation of speed on takeoff. Also, Microsoft has extended the effect to the lowest mip level textures. To see what I mean by that, slew rapidly out of an area until the scenery textures start to blur.But, such a feature does come at a cost, and does extract some performance from the sim. Others don't care for the grainy look it gives the textures... What's nice is that we still have a choice--to have it or not...-John

Guest Max Cowgill

>"Re-posting of the same topic isn't allowed either. You may>want to brush up on the forum rules so you don't run into>these issues again.">>I looked in the terms of use, and the rules and regulations>and could not see any rules regarding "bumping" or re-posting.> And since that is done regularly here, I'm guessing a bunch>of us are plain ignorant.>>Please point us to the right area so that we don't breach>protocol again and commit another faux pas.>>Thanks. :-)It's an un-written rule of this forum.-Max Cowgill

Guest Smokintodd

Unwritten rule? Didn't you just say that it was a forum rule and refer the gentleman to the 'written rules' of the forum? Why are you contradicting yourself Cowgill?