Sign in to follow this  
svenks

Tom Allensworth's trip to Scandinavia

Guest Niels_C

Hi there fellow simmers!I have been away from the net for some time, and have not had the oppertunity to write Tom in person. There seems to be no useful follow up correspondence to Tom's message about going to Scandinavia.Are there any info available on possibly meeting him in Copenhagen?For one, I would very much like to meet mr. Allensworth.With Regards,-Niels Christiansen, EKRK

Niels,I've found the post from Tom that you're looking for....let's see if this link works ;-) http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...orum=DCForumID8I don't know if Tom reads the forum while he's in Europe though.Hope this helps,Petehttp://home.neo.rr.com/zaehringer/pipersignature.jpgPIII600,512MB,Win98SE,DirectX8.1,Geforce32DDR(Det.22.80),SBlive(4.06.703)

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Guest Niels_C

Hi there Pete,Thank you very much for your keen eye. Only time will tell if I getto meet him. I'll say hi to him from you, should it happen.Fly safe!-Niels C.

Guest Niels_C

Hello Francois,Thank you very much.Should he find an outlet, I hope his equipment is voltagecompatible as well as connector compatible!(Hmmm, 130V ... 240V, oh what the *BzzZZztT!*)However I am afraid we're running low on time here. I have also corresponded a bit with Matt Johnson whoactually met Tom in the U.K., and TA's schedule lookedalready then tight, but fingers crossed all the same. 8)Thank you for your time, and fly safe.With Regards,-Niels Christiansen

Time is always an issue. I will be in Copenhagen myself a few times this year I reckon. My company just started a project in the Nordics and I think I will be over in August and early September. If Tom cannot, then perhaps I will be able to buy you a beer (yes, I know it's not the same ) :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_051.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Guest Niels_C

Celestial salutations Francois,You would be very welcome to buy me, or us, a beer.Should you do so, count on a return favour. ;)Also you say "yes, I know it's not the same ",just because it is different doesn't mean it'snot as good! 8)Stay well,-Niels

I have but just a short while on this computer. I am at the Strand Hotel in Copenhagen. I invite anyone who wishes, to me in the bar area of the hotel (which is just beyond the reception area) this evening (Saturday 29 June) here at between 6:30 and 7:00 p.m. I will be with a collegue and I will have blue AVSIM Staff shirt on. Please spread the word, as I will not be able to access email today or probably get on the net again before this evening. I look forward to meeting all who can make it.

Tom! Can't you make these bars a little closer to home? LOL!!Don

Hi All.I had some trouble finding the hotel in Krak's. My best guess is "Copenhagen Strand Hotel", Havnegade 37 (that's in Nyhavn).HTHSven Sorensen, EKCH

Tom lives 2 hours from me, Francois. He invites us to a bar when he's 3000 miles from here! What's wrong with this picture? LMAO!!! Last time we saw a picture of him, he was seated at a bar in Japan watching the ceilings fall in during an earthquake. He invited us there too! I'm not sure I want to drink where this guy goes! LOL!!Don

LMAO!!!! Logoland! I forgot all about that! I have half of it in my sons closet! Could you imagine Tom drinking near Legoland???? I can see the headlines now!Don