Sign in to follow this  
svenks

Tom Allensworth's trip to Scandinavia

LMAO!!!!!!!!! LEGO-TOM!!!!!! He's gonna kill us both, you know that!!!Don

Hi, AllYup, that was funny!!Actually, it did turn out to be a very nice, almost new hotel almost door-to-door with my favourite mexican restaurant - and just around the corner from Nyhavn, which I'm sure you know if you've been to Copenhagen in summer...Legoland is a bit further away - like 300 km from Copenhagen!Anyway, it was fun to meet Tom even if I only did have time for 1 beer with him - Carl's Special - of course!BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Guest Niels_C

Hi there all!There where no other earth-quakes than those in my stomachafter what Tom and Andy bought me at the Mexi-restaurant! ;-)I am from Greenland, and you can imagine that the spiceharvestthere is, to put it mildly (!), sparse.I second the remarks about the hotel and restaurant anyway!Tom! I trust the next round is on me?! You guys never gave mea chance "to get the mole out" as we would put it. Anyways...you can collect with interest the next time Scandinavia is inthe travelplan.Thank you for a nice thread with an even better followup!Fly safe,-Niels Christiansen

Sven, it was nice to meet you! Took your recommendation and Neils, Andy and I had dinner there later that evening. Great food. Was a bit concerned about Neils' historic diet (being from a place where spices are a bit "tame", I was afraid we might poison him!). Anyway, things turned out great and the food was excellent. Trip went south from there; that is, we got REALLY time compressed, and we did the "planes, trains and automobiles" thing for the next four days. Made it back last night on an SAS 767-300ER into KIAD. Nice, quiet, flight.

Niels, nice to have met you and of course, you can have the next round! It was nice to meet you and swap tortillas with each other. Next time I hope to have more than a day in CPH. :)

Francois, trust me on this one... Stay at the Strand! It is just around the corner from Nyhaven, and a nice stroll in the old section of town. In addition to being just down the street from the Mexican place, the opposite direction and just around the corner is an excellent fish restaurant. That was worth the walk too! We stayed at the SAS Radisson Wednesday night before flying out Thursday morning. The Strand is mucho better.

Guest Niels_C

Tom, You know... I've got one of those babies on my HDD, might as wellreplicate the trip when I get home. I don't know however what to thinkof the stealth cream colour thing."Planes, trains and automobiles"? So you did not get to meet Staffanand others then? What a shame, they'd have enjoyed.Strand Hotel in Nyhavn is well located, even if you are out of town.Easy to get to at any hour...more or less.Take care.Niels (that's i before the e ;)

Hi Niels,"stealth cream colour"...HAHA, that's a good one! Actually, I've come to get used to our new livery - I think the big problem with the new one is, that the old one was soo beautiful. I remember standing on a mountain top in Norway and one of our A/C's (prob. DC-10) flew past (prob. out of EKCH). Even at it's altitude you could see the white body and the stripes clearly...Remember, Francois will also be coming to CPH sometime, I do think we should try another get-togheter - maybe less spicy, maybe not...BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH