Sign in to follow this  
Guest LastXdeth

Flight Simulator Suddenly Stops Responding

Guest LastXdeth

I've been having this problem for a long time. I first notice it about a month ago after playing the game for a while after I just purchased it. After a few weeks, I was really engaged in the game and I started playing flight sessions from 30 minutes to 1 hour. That's when I notice that my game suddenly freezes after 30-1 hour of the flight. I called Microsoft and we went into weeks of troubleshooting steps. They never really "fixed" it, so they decided to send my the Acceleration pack for free. I got so frustrated that I dedcided to restore my computer back to factory settings.Now that my computer was like new again, I started installing all Windows Update ect. and updating components. I installed Flight Simulator X again. Since I've got a freeby (Acceleration pack) I decided to install that too. So then I started playing the game again and it freezes in about 1 hour of flight about 5 minutes after I taxi into the gates.I was really shocked. Now, I don't really know how to fix this problem. When it freezes, the game stops responding and the Windows error messagse say something like, "Flight Simulator X encountered a fatal error" or "Flight Simulator X has stops responding." And then the game is able to restart itself automatically.Here's my system specifications: System InformationOperating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909) Language: English (Regional Setting: English)System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion System Model: AZ221AV-ABA HPE-170t BIOS: 12/21/09 17:01:03 Ver: 5.07 Processor: Intel® Core i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz Memory: 8192MB RAMAvailable OS Memory: 8152MB RAM Page File: 2416MB used, 13884MB available Windows Dir: C:\Windows DirectX Version: DirectX 11Display Devices Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4650 Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc. Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9498) DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz) Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9498&SUBSYS_16031462&REV_00 Display Memory: 4082 MB Dedicated Memory: 1014 MB Shared Memory: 3067 MB Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)Sound Devices Description: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) Default Sound Playback: Yes Default Voice Playback: Yes Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_103C2A9C&REV_1002 Manufacturer ID: 1 Product ID: 100 Type: WDM Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys Driver Version: 6.00.0001.5938 (English)Btw, I have posted this issue on another forum before I called Microsoft. They said that my CPU could be overheating. Some said to check the size of my power supply, and I went to my computer's manufactured website and my power outage watt is 460.Can someone please help me prevent this freezing? Any help is greatly appreciated!

I've been having this problem for a long time. I first notice it about a month ago after playing the game for a while after I just purchased it. After a few weeks, I was really engaged in the game and I started playing flight sessions from 30 minutes to 1 hour. That's when I notice that my game suddenly freezes after 30-1 hour of the flight. I called Microsoft and we went into weeks of troubleshooting steps. They never really "fixed" it, so they decided to send my the Acceleration pack for free. I got so frustrated that I dedcided to restore my computer back to factory settings.Now that my computer was like new again, I started installing all Windows Update ect. and updating components. I installed Flight Simulator X again. Since I've got a freeby (Acceleration pack) I decided to install that too. So then I started playing the game again and it freezes in about 1 hour of flight about 5 minutes after I taxi into the gates.I was really shocked. Now, I don't really know how to fix this problem. When it freezes, the game stops responding and the Windows error messagse say something like, "Flight Simulator X encountered a fatal error" or "Flight Simulator X has stops responding." And then the game is able to restart itself automatically.Here's my system specifications: System InformationOperating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909) Language: English (Regional Setting: English)System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion System Model: AZ221AV-ABA HPE-170t BIOS: 12/21/09 17:01:03 Ver: 5.07 Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz Memory: 8192MB RAMAvailable OS Memory: 8152MB RAM Page File: 2416MB used, 13884MB available Windows Dir: C:\Windows DirectX Version: DirectX 11Display DevicesCard name: ATI Radeon HD 4650 Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc. Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9498) DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz) Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9498&SUBSYS_16031462&REV_00 Display Memory: 4082 MB Dedicated Memory: 1014 MB Shared Memory: 3067 MB Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)Sound Devices Description: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)Default Sound Playback: YesDefault Voice Playback: Yes Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_103C2A9C&REV_1002 Manufacturer ID: 1 Product ID: 100 Type: WDM Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys Driver Version: 6.00.0001.5938 (English)Btw, I have posted this issue on another forum before I called Microsoft. They said that my CPU could be overheating. Some said to check the size of my power supply, and I went to my computer's manufactured website and my power outage watt is 460.Can someone please help me prevent this freezing? Any help is greatly appreciated!
I had this same problem and this is what I did. I made sure that all of the execuitables, in FSX, were running in Admin mode. I then made sure that all the users, in the security section, had full access. I am the only user of this PC so it does not cause a problem for me. Next I closed down some of the programs that started when my system booted. I clicked Start and in the Search box I typed msconfig and choose the startup tab. I unchecked any box that was not needed to either run my computer or FSX.post-198897-051512200%201281279117_thumb.jpgAfter that I set the frame rate in FSX to 21. I fly Long Haul flights of 8 to 12 hours at a time and have no problems now. I have received the error only when I turn on a program outside of FSX while I am flying. All that I run, while flying is FSX, ACARS, FSINN, and FSUIPC. There are no programs running in the background.Hope this helps.

I'm using Windows 7 64bit too, search this board and Google for "UIAutomationCore.dll", basically download the Vista version of this file mentioned in the posts that you read and place it into the main FSX folder. That's all there is to it, up until a few days ago I would get a freeze and then windows would tell me that FS is restarting. It didn't happen very often, but since doing this I've done probably 5 or 6 sessions of over an hour each and not had one freeze or crash to desktop. Give it a try it certainly wont do any harm.

Cheers, Andy.

Guest firehawk44
I've been having this problem for a long time. I first notice it about a month ago after playing the game for a while after I just purchased it. After a few weeks, I was really engaged in the game and I started playing flight sessions from 30 minutes to 1 hour. That's when I notice that my game suddenly freezes after 30-1 hour of the flight. I called Microsoft and we went into weeks of troubleshooting steps. They never really "fixed" it, so they decided to send my the Acceleration pack for free. I got so frustrated that I dedcided to restore my computer back to factory settings.Now that my computer was like new again, I started installing all Windows Update ect. and updating components. I installed Flight Simulator X again. Since I've got a freeby (Acceleration pack) I decided to install that too. So then I started playing the game again and it freezes in about 1 hour of flight about 5 minutes after I taxi into the gates.I was really shocked. Now, I don't really know how to fix this problem. When it freezes, the game stops responding and the Windows error messagse say something like, "Flight Simulator X encountered a fatal error" or "Flight Simulator X has stops responding." And then the game is able to restart itself automatically.Here's my system specifications: System InformationOperating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909) Language: English (Regional Setting: English)System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion System Model: AZ221AV-ABA HPE-170t BIOS: 12/21/09 17:01:03 Ver: 5.07 Processor: Intel® Core i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz Memory: 8192MB RAMAvailable OS Memory: 8152MB RAM Page File: 2416MB used, 13884MB available Windows Dir: C:\Windows DirectX Version: DirectX 11Display Devices Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4650 Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc. Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9498) DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz) Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9498&SUBSYS_16031462&REV_00 Display Memory: 4082 MB Dedicated Memory: 1014 MB Shared Memory: 3067 MB Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)Sound Devices Description: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) Default Sound Playback: Yes Default Voice Playback: Yes Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_103C2A9C&REV_1002 Manufacturer ID: 1 Product ID: 100 Type: WDM Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys Driver Version: 6.00.0001.5938 (English)Btw, I have posted this issue on another forum before I called Microsoft. They said that my CPU could be overheating. Some said to check the size of my power supply, and I went to my computer's manufactured website and my power outage watt is 460.Can someone please help me prevent this freezing? Any help is greatly appreciated!
You need to go into your event viewer and check for any error messages at the time of each CTD. It should provide you with further information about the crash and tell you the module that caused the crash(es). This will give you a good indication as to what device or file in your system is causing the problem and we can go further from there. The event viewer could also be showing you additional problems with your system which, when combined, could be causing the problem.Best regards,Jim