Sign in to follow this  
Guest bertvankampen

Flight deck 6 catapult Help?

Guest bertvankampen

Installed in win7 FSX SP2 teh Abacus addon Flight deck 6.The catapult systen 3WireX is not working at all.All the related files seem to be okay, according to the manual.Abacus helpdesk seems to have a very long holiday :( or has been fired completely!Pease any is very welcome.Thx in advance.Bert

I recommend AI Carriers instead. 3WireX is kind of hit and miss.
I agree - but you will need FSX Acceleration for the AI carriers to work. Also get Javier's Nimitz Class carrier, available here in the library

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I agree - but you will need FSX Acceleration for the AI carriers to work. Also get Javier's Nimitz Class carrier, available here in the library
Word!

Jim Atkins

Guest bertvankampen

Let me put the question in an other way:I don't use Flight deck anymore, but switch over to this concept:FSX SP2 with AiCarriers2 and the Nimitz.My Q now is Does this work or do i still need Acceleration.I am confused by the readme of the Nimitz it says REQUIREMENTS:-FSX Acceleration or SP2thx for any helpBert

Installed in win7 FSX SP2 teh Abacus addon Flight deck 6.The catapult systen 3WireX is not working at all.All the related files seem to be okay, according to the manual.Abacus helpdesk seems to have a very long holiday :( or has been fired completely!Pease any is very welcome.Thx in advance.Bert
Bert,I purchased FlightDeck 6 but I found many problems with the aircraft used in their Flightdeck for FS9 and FSX.They requested that I send a list of all problems which I did several months ago.I sent several follow up e-mails requesting answers but Abacus Technical Support has never replied to the problems.So I understand when you say :Abacus helpdesk seems to have a very long holiday :( or has been fired completely!

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Guest bertvankampen
Bert,I purchased FlightDeck 6 but I found many problems with the aircraft used in their Flightdeck for FS9 and FSX.They requested that I send a list of all problems which I did several months ago.I sent several follow up e-mails requesting answers but Abacus Technical Support has never replied to the problems.So I understand when you say :Abacus helpdesk seems to have a very long holiday :( or has been fired completely!
Hi Vaughan,Please watch my reply to the AVSim review section regarding this item.rgardsbert

Bert,Ok, I will go and check it out.Also, I sent you a PM.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I recently loaded Flight Deck 6. I was skeptical at first because of the problems I encountered with Flight Deck 5 which were never resolved. My problem with FD6 is that with the exception of the F18C, none of the other aircraft would gather enough speed to get airborne during catapult launch thus ending down the drink. I phoned and e-mailed the Abacus tech support several time but not only it took sometime before I got a response, but from the response it seemed that no one know how to fix the problem. Even the only tech who was supposed to be the expert, he could not come up with an answer. Has anyone experienced similar problems with their FD6?

I'm with you bertvankampen.I am totally disappointed with most Abacus products, their Extreme Landscape and their Flight Deck models in particular. With FD5, I was only able to successfully land one type aircraft on its carrier and with others the aircraft won't stop no matter how successful the landing. Further, during approach, there will be an aircraft sitting right on the cable area causing me to wave off. Regarding the FD6 on the other hand, I can only launch successfully with an F18C. With all others, the aircraft don't get up enough speed to get airborne and thus I hit the drink. I've tried so many times to contact Abacus about the matter via e-mail as well as phone calls but got no response. During one phone call I was referred to the only tech the have who knows anything about Flight Deck 6 and all he suggested was for me to reload the program but no joy. I tried seeking help from many flightsim forums but for some reason have not gotten any replies.These phenomenon happens with FD6 loaded in both my PC. What disturbs me most was Abacus total indifference to my complaint. The game is still being advertised and is still in the retailer's shelves.

For a while I thought I was the only one having problems with Flight Deck 6 (FD6). The only aircraft that can get up enough speed to clear the bow during launch was the F18C and the only aircraft that I can get a "nice trap" landing was the F18E. I've had the same landing problems with FD5. What bothers me most was the indifference by Abacus techs to at least reply to me repeated e-mails and phone calls. I suggested that until Abacus can get the bugs ironed out, the software should be taken off the retail racks. Even the Abacus Extreme Landscape software had numerous problems. I tested all the missions in all three categories, and eighty percent did not work.

I also could not get FD6 to work and received no replies from the helpdesk. I will never buy another Abacus product. The documentation is awful and the support worse. Caveat Emptor

It's me again. To top it all, this is getting to be comical. Go to the Abacus mission titled "Abacus_FD6_Initial_Training_Goshawk_Kingsville_NAS_1". Try taxiing or taking off in the T-45 Goshawk and see what happens. My experience was that shortly after lining up for take off, the engine shuts down and I was unable to restart. I tried to go a different route to the runway and while taking off, the engine shuts down before I can ge airborne. Seems like I was running out of gas. This is a Mickey Mouse software.