Sign in to follow this  

Why so many locked threads?

I see a lot of locked threads in this forum but I do not see any flaming, swearing or abuse in them. Am I missing something?Just curious.Mike

Guest mikehaska

I know I was a little peeved when the post I was helping someone in was locked (PSS Airbus Night VC Screenshots, just lower on the page)I wasn't doing anything wrong (maybe the post belonged in the MSFS Forum, but I didn't start the thread)But you'll notice all the locked threads have something to do with PSS... Chronyism, I suppose. But, PSS does pay the bills for Avsim.(excuse my annoyance, but I was only warning a user about certain drawbacks with the PSS package that if I had known about, I wouldn't have spent so much money on. I would discuss this in the PSS forum, but was never allowed, due to the censorship.)

Yeah, I noticed that it's add-ons like PSS etc. Maybe we cannot talk about them because if I remember correctly some flame wars started from discussions about payware add-ons. Maybe a moderator can bring us up to date.I am not complainig, I am just curious.Take careMike

Guest mikehaska

Well, I have to say that I never flamed PSS or said they were horrible, end of story.I explained to one potential user about my experience with their product, so that he had the full picture before shelling out so much money.

To quote from the General Forum description:"This forum is for the discussion of topics not covered in other forums in the AVSIM Conferences. Please make sure that your topic isn't covered in another forum before posting here."Most of the post in question were related to PSS, who aleady has a support forum on this board and should be posted in the appropriate space. Perhaps Scott can post a reminder that these post will either be moved, locked or deleted if deemed necessary by the AVSIM staff.Brent

Oh, now I understand.Thanks for the clarification.Mike

no no no! I did not say that there was flaming in these posts by you o anybody. I was saying that I remembered about some flaming in posts a few months back involving some add-ons. I applogize if my wording made it seem like I was acusing you.Take careMike

All that needs to be mentioned on this is that at the top of this forum it mentions not posting messages in this forum that have an appropriate forum. On the main forums list, the description of this forum also says the same thing. I saw a whole string of posts that clearly didn't belong in this forum and locked them all.

Oh OK! I guess that I did not read that part.Like I said, I was not complaining, I was just curious.Take careMike

It doesn't really explain why ANY post that is remotely negative about PSS or their products is locked / removed immeadiately (and I am talking about from the MSFS forum). If a it is a support question then fine, it should be in the support forum, if it is a discussion about the pro's & con's of ANY FS product or the support the producer provides then it should be in the FS forum.When I purchase products for FS my choice is heavily influenced by the threads that I read so I can read opinions good & bad. I purchased FSD's Commander after reading a negative thread purely because the only "downside" to the aircraft appeared to be the 2d cockpit (which I NEVER use). The stifling of discussion on the PSS aircraft makes me think there is something fundamentally wrong with them - otherwise why kill the debate ??????