Sign in to follow this  
farnetti

Blocky scenery Global 2010, UTX, GEX

After reading many reviews I have recently installed FS Global 2010, UTX for Europe and GEX for Europe in that order. The detail provided by these upgrades over the standard FSX offering is fantastic, however, despite looking at the forums, there is a problem I cannot sort out.There seems to be a radius (possibly 5 -10 miles) after which the default FSX (and very green) scenery takes over. The improved third party software appears in blocks as you approach the area. I use FSX Acceleration and have no other third party scenery products installed apart for some Mega Airports.I have a dedicated FS computer with Intel 8400 o/c to 4Ghz, GTX260 video card, 8Gb memory, SSD and W7 64 Home Premium.I would be grateful for any ideas. Thanks

Guest firehawk44
After reading many reviews I have recently installed FS Global 2010, UTX for Europe and GEX for Europe in that order. The detail provided by these upgrades over the standard FSX offering is fantastic, however, despite looking at the forums, there is a problem I cannot sort out.There seems to be a radius (possibly 5 -10 miles) after which the default FSX (and very green) scenery takes over. The improved third party software appears in blocks as you approach the area. I use FSX Acceleration and have no other third party scenery products installed apart for some Mega Airports.I have a dedicated FS computer with Intel 8400 o/c to 4Ghz, GTX260 video card, 8Gb memory, SSD and W7 64 Home Premium.I would be grateful for any ideas. Thanks
GEX replaces the default scenery textures so that's not the issue. I suspect FS Global 2010. It should be placed above UTX in the Scenery Library. You can easily find the offending program by disabling FS Global in the Scenery Library (for the offending areas). Best regards,Jim

Could you perhaps post a screenshot?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Thanks Jim,Having looked at the Scenery Library Utx is right at the top, then Mega Airports, then standard FSX, then Global 2010 and finally base files. So from what you say should I move the Global 2010 files to the top and leave the rest as they are? Is there a definitive site about how these ought to be organised as FSX learning centre is not very clear.Also GEX does not appear in this list, is that correct?Finally, an error on my part because I haven't used it for a few weeks, I forgot to mention I also have FS Altitude for Europe installed for use with PMDG 747. This appears in the middle of the various Mega Airports scenery which doesn't seem quite right.Thanks for your help JimKind regards,Ken

Guest firehawk44
Thanks Jim,Having looked at the Scenery Library Utx is right at the top, then Mega Airports, then standard FSX, then Global 2010 and finally base files. So from what you say should I move the Global 2010 files to the top and leave the rest as they are? Is there a definitive site about how these ought to be organised as FSX learning centre is not very clear.Also GEX does not appear in this list, is that correct?Finally, an error on my part because I haven't used it for a few weeks, I forgot to mention I also have FS Altitude for Europe installed for use with PMDG 747. This appears in the middle of the various Mega Airports scenery which doesn't seem quite right.Thanks for your help JimKind regards,Ken
Yes, the photoscenery should be at the top of UTX. UTX should be below any and ALL addon scenery. Your Mega Airports should be above Global 2010 in the Scenery Library; otherwise, the Global 2010 photoscenery will take over the scenery at those airports. Also, I forgot to add but probably don't have to but it is highly recommended you defrag your harddrive after installing Global 2010 to improve performance.Best regards,Jim

Hi Jim,Used NickN's to install everything. Have up-dated the scenery library as you suggested, photo scenery up top, Global 2010, UTX and finally FSX.Still no good but the problem is with FS Altitude, if I disable that everything else works perfectly. It says it is photo realistic scenery (whatever that means) so I shall experiment to see where it should go in the scenery library, unless somebody already knows, and then post it here in case it would help it anybody else.Once again Jim thanks for your help.Best regards,Ken

Guest firehawk44
Hi Jim,Used NickN's to install everything. Have up-dated the scenery library as you suggested, photo scenery up top, Global 2010, UTX and finally FSX.Still no good but the problem is with FS Altitude, if I disable that everything else works perfectly. It says it is photo realistic scenery (whatever that means) so I shall experiment to see where it should go in the scenery library, unless somebody already knows, and then post it here in case it would help it anybody else.Once again Jim thanks for your help.Best regards,Ken
Yes, I would leave FS Altitude disabled unless you're flying the PMDG 747 as it may not be compatible with your other addon scenery programs. From my understanding it works best with default textures. Glad you were able to find the culprit!Best regards,Jim

FS Global is only mesh it wont affect the actual scenery. It is only what makes the mountains look like mountains, it is what the other secenry is overlaid on. It just needs to be above the default FSX mesh.