Sign in to follow this  
Guest wathomas777

Concorde for FS2004?

Guest wathomas777

Is there anyone who knows of a freeware Concorde available for FS2004.I did buy FS2000 and had it, but my kids broke "the disk" (of course the one that had the planes on it), and being that I was running FS2002, and I could not get the concorde flying well I was not too upset.Well, now, with Ultimate Traffic, and COF out, I would like to get behind the concorde again. I know that I can't "pirate" it, but was wondering if there is a freeware version that is out there that works with FS2004 and is fairly decent.Anyway, thanks for any assistance.Will.

Guest firehawk44

I have successfully used the ProjectMach2 Concorde in 2004. You can obtain this excellent Concorde at the following site:http://fsfrance.free.fr/Mach2/. Click on "Download".Jim

Guest wathomas777

Thanks. Looks to be pretty hefty, but the Model and Panel does look good.

Is this model "frame rate friendly" if used as AI traffic? If not is there a version that is AI friendly. I have tried to use the Concorde from FS2000 and I usually end up crashing back to the desktop when it is used as AI trafficBlue SkiesKevin

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

Guest wathomas777

I don't know if the model is frame friendly, but the plane itself is a big resource Hog. I installed it with very little effort, and only had to change the panel.cfg to take out the old GPS2 file reference (replaced it with the FS9 GPS).However, even with that I noticed a 5 GPS loss when using the plane. I set up a takeoff from KSEA and noticed a very marked loss of smoothness. Now it could be the panel, so I'm not sure, but even in spot view it was much choppier. Even at Mach2 and 50000 the frames never got above 9 to 10 FPS.Moving from That to even the 747-400 default brought frames up by 6 to 7 frames. So, I will have to find a slightly more friendly plane. Theirs a couple in the Avsim Library that I will have to look up.