Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jack172

How do I enable 32 bit at 1600 x 1200 on FS02???

Hi,I recently got a Radeon 9800 pro and am running at 1600 x 1200 x 16 as it is the highest option in my FS menu. I see people here are running at 1600 x 1200 x 32 in 02. How do you do this?Thanks,Glenn

Guest Bigshot

In FS2k2, you have to manually set it in the fs2002 cfg file unless you're running your desktop at 16x12x32. It'll stay at that res until you go into the settings/display in game. If you do so, you'll have to reset it in the fs2002 cfg file again. In FS9, it seems to be on the menu regardless of where desktop is set.

Not here it doesn't Bigshot.FS9 acts the same way as FS2k2 does. If I am not running desktop at 1600x1200x32 then that option is not in the FS hardware list and once enabled FS does not remember it if I got back to 1280x960 on the desktop.Maybe it depends on the video card and/or monitor but it seems strange that both can do 1600x1200x32 so why would FS not keep that setting in the list?Rgds

I can run 16x12 regardless of the desktop setting.What OS are you running? They fixed this. BobG

Guest Jack172

I fixed the same issue...Change your monitor type from Plug and Play to a specific model, I selected one of the higher end Sony's now all resolutions are available for full screen mode.Also in display/advanced settings, change to monitor maximums to allow higher refresh rates at 1600x1200, else it will default to 60.