Sign in to follow this  
Guest PMB

Gerrish Grey's Tree Library & FS9?

Yes they work in FS9. With some FS2004 scenery you need that file installed for the scenery to work right.

Guest JoeW

Works great...Textures go in the FS9texture folder. Tree_0.bgl goes in the SFS9sceneryWorld|scenery folder....Joe w.

Guest PMB

i have some scenery which was made for fs2002 but the trees are just white blocks, i installed trees and installed as directed but it didn't help for that particular scenry (EGNT/EGNV) Does anyone know a way in which to get the scnery to use these textures? it was dependent on airport and vod textures but they don't work either for this scenry in fs2004 :(Paul.

Guest bobsk8

>Works great...>Textures go in the FS9texture folder. Tree_0.bgl goes in the>SFS9sceneryWorld|scenery folder....>Joe w.>According to someone that emailed Gerrish Gray, on FS9 , it goes in the FS9sceneryBasescenery folder , rather than the world folder. . The textures sill go in the FS9Texture.

Guest dutton

I was wondering this as well. Just to confirm...Do they overwrite existing textures?Do they have any great impact on FPS?Thanks!

Dutton, basically they are for addon sceneries and they don't over write any textures and I never notice any hit on performance (why you have a library call)I place the Tree library BGL in the FS9sceneryBasescenery folder as well.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest dutton

Thanks, Michael. That clears that up, don't really need them at this time then, but I used them in FS2002 and they definitely added spice to add-on scenery.

>>Works great...>>Textures go in the FS9texture folder. Tree_0.bgl goes in>the>>SFS9sceneryWorld|scenery folder....>>Joe w.>>>>According to someone that emailed Gerrish Gray, on FS9 , it>goes in the FS9sceneryBasescenery folder , rather than the>world folder. . The textures sill go in the FS9Texture. >>Either place will work great. The BASE folder is probally better because it has no texture folder thereby forcing it to look in the default texture folder.Joe W.

I'm sure glad I took the time to read this thread. I've been using Gerrish's trees since FS2002, the autogens too. I know there is supposed to be only one Tree_0.bgl and it has to be placed correctly. I went into my FS9Scenery folder to see where it was. Surprize it was hanging out all by itself in the FS9Scenery folder. It wasn't even in the World scenery folder. I did put in the Basescenery folder. Would I be imagining things if things seemed to be running smoother ?