Sign in to follow this  
Opa

Inserting an image in a post

If memory serves, on the old forum system you could insert an image - from your computer - into a forum post.Now the only option I see is to insert an image from a URL - which I assume means from a storage site such as Photobucket.Is that correct or am I missing the option to get the image from my computer? :Thinking: Thanks in advance for clarifying the process.

If memory serves, on the old forum system you could insert an image - from your computer - into a forum post.Now the only option I see is to insert an image from a URL - which I assume means from a storage site such as Photobucket.Is that correct or am I missing the option to get the image from my computer? :Thinking: Thanks in advance for clarifying the process.
Hi David,It is possible. I just did it.If you reply to a message hitting the reply button, you'll get the normal text field up. Below this is an attachment button. Use Browse and attach to insert.Here's the bad news... I wasn't able to reprodcuce this for this message you posted. I clicked Reply and no attachment dialog was shown. I tried going to the Full Editor but still no joy.So in summary, there is functionality present but I just can see how you enable that. One one occasion it worked fine and now on a different thread I don't see it.I know it doesn't solve the problem but you're not alone! Hope someone can explain how this is working now????Regards,

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

You have to attach the image to a post, once you do that is should come up with an "Insert into Post" link

Brian Sperduto

You have to attach the image to a post, once you do that is should come up with an "Insert into Post" link
So does that only apply to "original" posts ? I do not see any option to attach anything as I write this reply to your message.Confused for sure.

It should apply to any post, you do have to use the full editor though
As far as I know I am using the full editor - I have the various text options etc. - a choice in my Profile if I remember - but still see no option to attach anything during a reply.If, during a reply, there is another option to select a full editor, I am not seing that either.Sorry for being such a bother.

When you go to reply to a post it should take you to a new page, Right past the text area where you enter your reply should be the Attachments section

Brian Sperduto

When you go to reply to a post it should take you to a new page, Right past the text area where you enter your reply should be the Attachments section
Ignore this one - I hit the wrong button.
If I use the Reply option which is just below the message I am replying to, there is no "attach" option.If I use the ADD REPLY option at the bottom of the thread, then yes, the attach option is available.Is that the way it is supposed to work?

Ignore this one - I hit the wrong button.If I use the Reply option which is just below the message I am replying to, there is no "attach" option.If I use the ADD REPLY option at the bottom of the thread, then yes, the attach option is available.Is that the way it is supposed to work?
That is how it should work, to the right of the "Post" button on when you are using the editor just below a message should be the words "Use Full Editor" that will take you to where you can attach images.

Brian Sperduto

No Joy Brian -Now neither the small reply option at the base of a message or the Add Reply are showing any attach option or any use Full editor option.FYI I have been using IE for years (Ver 7 now I think it is) with never any issues here at Avsim or anywhere else.:Thinking:

No Joy Brian -Now neither the small reply option at the base of a message or the Add Reply are showing any attach option or any use Full editor option.FYI I have been using IE for years (Ver 7 now I think it is) with never any issues here at Avsim or anywhere else.:Thinking:
Take a screenshot of what you are seeing please and email it to bsperduto@avsim.com

Brian Sperduto

Guest 747-fan

Press "reply" immediately below the post you want to reply to (nevermind the "fast reply" at the bottom of the page, that doesn't give you this) or "start new topic". Either way, you should be seeing the following:imgjd.jpgI've circled the button you need to press in red. Then the small box appears where you can insert the link to the image you've already uploaded. Hope it helps! :Peace:

Press "reply" immediately below the post you want to reply to (nevermind the "fast reply" at the bottom of the page, that doesn't give you this) or "start new topic". Either way, you should be seeing the following:imgjd.jpgI've circled the button you need to press in red. Then the small box appears where you can insert the link to the image you've already uploaded. Hope it helps! :Peace:
It might - if I had ever seen an option to upload an image - but that has not happened so far.

Guest 747-fan
It might - if I had ever seen an option to upload an image - but that has not happened so far.
Oh, I thought you were looking in the wrong place.I'm no programmer, but I'd first of all try to update Internet explorer to version 8. A lot of the forum seems to be in javascript, so try updating java as well.I'm wildly guessing here, but updating sure can't hurt.