Sign in to follow this  
gwillmot

Any Freeware FS2004 19m Mesh?

I notice that FSGenesis is now selling 19m mesh for FS2004. I have their complete set of 38m mesh. I now have a new system which should now be able to handle a higher resolution mesh, but I want to try it first before investing more $$ into new mesh.Does anyone know of any freeware 19m U.S. mesh available? My google search and sim site searches have come up empty.gwillmot

I don't know of any freeware 19m mesh, but be assured you will be impressed with FSG's version. You can try one state at a time. I suggest Washington or Oregon.g's

You get a fairly healthy discount if you buy several, I bought Idaho, Washington, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, and Oregon and I think it was just over $50, normally it would have been around $85 bucks. I like it and am planning to get British Columbia, California, Nevada, Arizona, and New Mexico here directly. I'm a homebody and that will pretty much cover all parts of the world that I fly in. Biggest problem is the download size and lack of a DVD option. I'm on dial-up at home so I have to sneak downloads at work which I'm not supposed to be doing. I'd hate to have to fire anybody in the event they caught me doing it :) .In answer to your original question I think Steve Greenwood offered some freeware 19m mesh for Yosemite. I don't know where I found it or if it's still available but I think I have a copy on a backup disk somewhere. I'll check it out when I get home and see if I can post back with a filename. If you already have the FSGenesis North America package you'd have to disable the 9.6m Yosemite mesh that comes with the FSG package in order to see the effect of the 19m mesh.Jim

If you already have the FSGenesis North America package you'd have to disable the 9.6m Yosemite mesh that comes with the FSG package in order to see the effect of the 19m mesh.Jim
I'm pretty sure that's not the case. I have run the 9.6m + other mesh forever. IIRC, the higher resolution mesh will be the one recognized by FS, but only for that one area. I.e., if you have one 9.6m mesh it won't trump all the other 19m mesh you have, only the mesh for that one area the 9.6m covers.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

True, but 9.6m is higher resolution than 19m and that's why you'd have to disable it if you wanted to see what the 19m mesh looks like.Jim

I notice that FSGenesis is now selling 19m mesh for FS2004. I have their complete set of 38m mesh. I now have a new system which should now be able to handle a higher resolution mesh, but I want to try it first before investing more $$ into new mesh.Does anyone know of any freeware 19m U.S. mesh available? My google search and sim site searches have come up empty.gwillmot
I've got every mesh Justin has ever produced... the new 19m stuff is impressive. States where elevations are subtle take on new life since ripples that previously were unseen are now present in the terrain. Give it a try.DJ

True, but 9.6m is higher resolution than 19m and that's why you'd have to disable it if you wanted to see what the 19m mesh looks like.Jim
I must have misread what you originally posted, Jim. On a side note, why would somebody want to see 19m vs 9.6m? lol

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest Orgone1

I am blown away with the quality of this new 19m mesh. I flew out of Ashville NC earlier this evening and the mountain shapes are incredible with this new mesh. I will end up getting all of them. They are that good.Tom