Sign in to follow this  
pastorpilot

How do you make the sun smaller?

Friends, This was addressed a couple of years ago, or so. But I can't seem to bring it up on the search engine. I'd love to reduce the circumference of the sun. I think its been done, but I can't find the post(s). Does anyone know? Thank you, Steve

Friends, This was addressed a couple of years ago, or so. But I can't seem to bring it up on the search engine. I'd love to reduce the circumference of the sun. I think its been done, but I can't find the post(s). Does anyone know? Thank you, Steve
And also how to render the sun in stereoscopic 3D. I get fed up with seeing 2 of them all the time.

Keith Sandford.

I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but it makes the sun look much more realistichttp://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=111343

I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but it makes the sun look much more realistichttp://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=111343
Thanks very much, "glen1958." I downloaded that file, but I have not installed it yet. In the screenshots, the sun looks MUCH better, but I can't tell for sure if it has been reduced in diameter. It doesn't look like it is, to me. Do you know if it shows up smaller, as well? If so this would be the perfect solution. I would like a nice looking sun with the rays, but S M A L L E R at the same time.

Steve, I don't think it realy changes the size of the Sun, but it changes the size of the rays and corona around the sun so it is more realistic lookingglen

Steve, I don't think it realy changes the size of the Sun, but it changes the size of the rays and corona around the sun so it is more realistic lookingglen
Thanks Glen, I agree completely. I really appreciate you sharing that file with me. I may well use it. But still, I'm almost certain, that someone had a file modification to make the sun smaller. Anyone out there have that ... or remember??

The add-on REX has different shapes/sizes/looks for the sun. Really good add-on.

As does X Graphics.A third party program to change this is highly recommended. X Graphics changes the sun texture per the weather conditions of your flight via Active Sky. Perhaps REX does the same. Thus I get strong rays around the sun on sparkling clear days, or a muted glowing 'orb' on overcast days, and everything in between.I don't even remember what the default sun texture looks like. :(