Sign in to follow this  
Guest LarryJ_KMSO

Monitor out of focus / A bit blurry! Please help!

Hello Gang!I have a problem and I seek help!I just installed my new system and hooked it up to a monitor that I have used for the last 3 years. It is a Mitsubishi Diamondtron VX-1120 that I purchased with a Gateway machine a couple of years ago. It is a 22" inch flat display and it is an awesome piece of hardware. The problem I am experiencing after hooking it up to my new machine is that the output (the icons, the words, the applications, etc.), all appears with a shadow behind, almost as double vision - pretty weird. I have tinkered with the desktop settings, monitor settings, monitor drivers, video card drivers to no avail.My new system is:Pentium 4 2.8Leadtek Nvidia Ge-Force FX 5800 128 MB Ram1.0 GB of RDRAM PC2700 DDRWindows XP ProDirect-X 9BMy old system:Pentium 4 1.7512 MB of RDRAM PC-800Nvidia GeForce-2 Ultra 64 MB of Ram]Windows XP ProDirect-X 9BAny help or ideas are appreciated. The good news is that my monitor is still under an extended warranty from Gateway just in case I need to replace it or fix it. I am going to try hooking it up to other machines to see if the problem is monitor related or PC related.Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Dennis - Have you changed refresh rates? I had the same problem with a Sony Trinitron (Compaq P series) and the problem was that the monitor just didn't like a couple of refresh rates I tried. Even though the specs said I could run at a very high refreash rate for a given resoltion I always has to set it down a notch or two. Worth a try.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest Bigshot

Shadows is usually caused by the monitor cable. Are you hooking it up directly with the DVI cable to the DVI plug on the computer's video card? Don't use an analog cable and converter hookup.

Hello Bigshot!Your answer is interesting!!!! I have the monitor cable, connected to a second cable so it can reach the PC, which is about 6ft from the monitor. Hmmmm! Maybe I need to try a different cable?Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Guest Bigshot

I had an extension cable on my viewsonic when I bought it. Terrible shadowing. As soon as I moved the equipment around so I could get rid of that extension cable, the problem was gone.

Guest LarryJ_KMSO

I was forced to use an extension VGA cable on my Wife's computer and found that the extension cable was the cause of the ghosting. There is an extension cable which supposedly doesn't cause this problem but I have never owned one.While testing you may want a copy of a freeware monitor test program. It puts up all sorts of color and b&w test patterns useful for adjusting your monitor (and seeing if the fancy extension cable does or does not introduce distortion!)Nokia Monitor Test V1.0ahttp://www.accurateit.com/testmon.aspand many more.Larry --... ...--