Sign in to follow this  
DickB

Old Posts/Topics Corrupted ?

Hi - not sure whether this is the right place to post this, but I went looking for one of my old topics, and found it appears to be corrupted. Many of the posts (from me and others) have been truncated (the initial post has been truncated to one word !)http://forum.avsim.net/topic/273073-changing-vc-cockpit-view-crashes-2d-panels/page__p__1699226#entry1699226Not sure how widespread this problem is.

I've noticed the same thing, some posts are missing half or even more of their original content.Here's one of mine with that problem:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/290708-most-extreme-airports/page__p__1799387#entry1799387

It has to do with the usage of accent marks, we are working on a full solution but any previous post with an accent mark or non english character was truncated

Brian Sperduto

That's interesting. I'm pretty certain my posts didn't contain any accents or non-English characters. Punctuation yes, but no accents. I wouldn't know how to type them.

It's a real shame that some posts have been lost after the forum upgrade. I guess this will not be fixed?Often ppl ask a question, and I refer them to a old post, only to find posts missing...A real loss...That said, technology is the culprit most times....RJ

Hi - not sure whether this is the right place to post this, but I went looking for one of my old topics, and found it appears to be corrupted. Many of the posts (from me and others) have been truncated (the initial post has been truncated to one word !)http://forum.avsim.net/topic/273073-changing-vc-cockpit-view-crashes-2d-panels/page__p__1699226#entry1699226Not sure how widespread this problem is.
Hi Dick - I read your post and this is what I get when I click on your link to your post:
Group:MembersPosts:82Joined:02-October 08Posted 17 January 2010 - 05:12 AMLet's see if anyone can make any sense of this. I have a (payware) aircraft that I needed to change the VC view on (looking more downward). I read around the various forums and found several suggestions, which I tried, but the only one which seemed to work the way I wanted was to change the InitialPbh entry in the VC camera definition.This particular aircraft does not have its own VC camera definition. Instead it picks up the FSX default from the camera.cfg file, as do many other aircraft, including some (all ?) of the FSX defaults. Changing that definition in situ worked, but affected all aircraft using it. I tried copying it to the aircraft's own aircraft.cfg file and changing it there, but it wouldn't work while there was still a copy in camera.cfg. So, to cut a long story short, I ended up commenting out the VC camera definition in camera.cfg and adding it to those aircraft I regularly fly (thankfully not too many).And this works fine – except now if I fly an aircraft, end a flight and then attempt to fly the aircraft again, when I attempt to view any of the 2D panels, FSX crashes. I have to reboot to clear this. I did some investigation, and it seems to be the modified InitialPbh line that is causing this to happen. Does anyone have any idea why ? And how I might fix it ?Thanks

\Robert Hamlich/