Sign in to follow this  
talbot flyer

J41 or Citation Mustang

I have the Pilatus in FSX which I enjoy and I would like to add another plane.Win95 to FS9 I have had addons including Cessnas, Meridian, Bonanza & Baron from Dreamfleet and the PMDG 737NG and 1900D.I prefer short VFR 1-3 hour trips. Never did like flying in white-outs.Looking at the PMDG BAe Jetstream 4100 or the Flight1 Citation Mustang. Not both.Any suggestions?

Can't go wrong with either, though the Mustang is easier systems-wise. If you want to get the JS41 in the air, you'll be spending a few hours in the manuals beforehand!

The Flight1 Mustang can operate from a lot more airfields than the Jetstream 4100....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks for the suggestions.I did download the tutorial for the startup of the J41. I wonder why they thought a difficult start up of the mechanicals was so important. Most simmers I am friends with are pilots who use their sim to explore new airports and flights. We usually set up the flight and start at the end of the active runway. However, the j41 can’t be any more of a learning curve than my first jump into Falcon 4 the Korean Campaign, so I may give it a try.The Cessna Mustang was my first choice but I notice that Flight 1 blocks non registered buyers from viewing the Mustang forums. Maybe there are some major problems that Flight 1 is keeping under wraps.

Thanks for the suggestions.I did download the tutorial for the startup of the J41. I wonder why they thought a difficult start up of the mechanicals was so important. Most simmers I am friends with are pilots who use their sim to explore new airports and flights. We usually set up the flight and start at the end of the active runway. However, the j41 can’t be any more of a learning curve than my first jump into Falcon 4 the Korean Campaign, so I may give it a try.The Cessna Mustang was my first choice but I notice that Flight 1 blocks non registered buyers from viewing the Mustang forums. Maybe there are some major problems that Flight 1 is keeping under wraps.
The reason support sites (not just the flight one Mustang) usually require registered buyers to register is because believe it or not-pirate owners were showing up and asking for support. They obviously don't want to spend their time offering support to someone who has stolen their product.

The Cessna Mustang was my first choice but I notice that Flight 1 blocks non registered buyers from viewing the Mustang forums. Maybe there are some major problems that Flight 1 is keeping under wraps.
Whilst I only use a fraction of the Flight1 Mustang's features and systems, I can state with confidence that I haven't found any problems hand flying it at low speeds on VFR sightseeing trips :(
I did download the tutorial for the startup of the J41. I wonder why they thought a difficult start up of the mechanicals was so important. Most simmers I am friends with are pilots who use their sim to explore new airports and flights. We usually set up the flight and start at the end of the active runway.
You can start your Jetstream 4100 flights with the engines running at the threshold of the active runway. That's what I do, and it works fine. You just need to remember to move the condition levers from TAXI to FLIGHT before applying full power, otherwise you will destroy the engines!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

If you want to operate the things realistically, then you've got two very different choices in relation to the two aircraft. The Cessna Mustang was designed to be a step up from complex prop twins to jets for a single pilot, so it lands and takes off at much more like 'GA speeds' and has a cockpit much like many other GA aircraft that is well suited to single pilot operations (although in Europe, it has to be flown by two pilots when used commercially, which is typically in an 'air taxi' role). The J41 is a purely commercial aircraft, always operated by two pilots, so it has an airliner cockpit, with an overhead that allows the cockpit workflow responsibilities to be divided between two pilots (you'll notice the Mustang has no complex overhead panel, and that is why).So in FS, you can realistically operate the Mustang alone, whereas with the J41, it would really require the FS2Crew add-on if you wanted to emulate a fully realistic CRM technique. Thus, computer performance aside, the choice can be easily made by simply choosing which way of doing your sim flying is your preference.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here