Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

PSS 777 - TOGA and HDG/TRK selector

Yessir, I have done a complete uninstall/reinstall. That's part of what baffles me about this. The PSS 757 runs flawlessly on my system, too.

In the meantime, I'll have another look at reproducing as per your last example.
Thank you both so much for your help. As I said, I love this A/C. If only I could get a clean take off I'd be ecstatic!Jim, try taking off 170 degrees from your intended course and engage HDGSEL and let me know if she makes the full turn -- that's all I can think of as a good example of my problem. :(

Departed KDFW 17R on course 174. Had 344 in course select. At 3000 engaged autopilot, selected level change (10000 set), bugged up to 250 and clicked HDGSEL. T7 turned right and smoothly proceeded to new course 344.Suspect you have a bad install or perhaps a bad download from Justfight.Jim Harnes

Chuck,Same here - tried Jim's profile several times all without problems. Also tried corrupting some of the AP files - made no difference.1. So Chuck, first thing, PSS played around with the AP when they released the last update, so check your gauge file. It should be:PSS-B777.gau Size 66.023.424 Dated 31 Aug 062. If that's ok, think about FSUIPC (see you also have installed the IFLY 737 - I have seen FSUIPC comments on that forum) - which version of FSUIPC do you have installed??Seems that whilst you select one hdg manually, the "system" might be seeing another and is then getting into a conflict which locks it into HDG HLDSorry this is getting detailed but I have cannot see anything over the last few years which suggests a solution. Particularly as you say the JF 757 works ok - and I run both PSS and JF versions of the 757.Let me know what you think about the above?Good LuckJohn R

Thanks, guys. First thing I'm going to do when I get home tonight is check that gauge! I'll let you know what I find. I can't thank you guys enough for your help through this! Accolades to you both! :( :( :(

OK, guys. You seem to have found my problem! I did a complete uninstall, redownloaded from the JustFlight website, and then reinstalled fresh. I just took off from KBOS 4L and she really behaved herself on takeoff!! - TOGA, FLCH, and HDGSEL all worked as one would expect! (**Oh, Rapture!**) The only thing remarkable about this uninstall/reinstall cycle from my first one was that when I double clicked the new 777Professional.exe on my desktop, it "UNINSTALLED" the software, even though I had already removed it using the Add/Remove programs applet in the Control Panel and then made sure all the appropriate folders were manually deleted from the Aircraft folder in FS9. (I don't remember the software going through that UNINSTALL process before.)Now, the Mea Culpa: When I saw the panel for the first time after the reinstall, I remember that because I usually run 4 monitors with the 2D panel on the fourth monitor, I did resize the .bmp and remove the center post in Photoshop Elements a few months ago. In doing so I very easily could have gummed the panel and gauges up somehow to where, as you suggested, it might have actually been reading TWO autopilots or (worse) none at all. The aircraft seems OK now, and for that I am VERY grateful; Thank you guys for your help and patience and I am so stoked about my 777 flying as she should.Good health and best to you both, always!

Happy you have it fixed!! Perhaps some reading glasses might be in order? :( Jim Harnes

Happy you have it fixed!! Perhaps some reading glasses might be in order? :( Jim Harnes
LOL, Jim! I actually use special computer vision glasses when simming, but I often resize and remove center posts of 2D panel .bmps to make them look more realistic on a stand alone 4th monitor and have never had a problem before. FYI, there's nothing worse than flying a gorgeous plane like the LDS or (now) the PSS and having that post sticking up with black screen in the windshield. Just looks dumb.Thanks again!

John and Jim, and anyone else interested, now and in the future:Thanks for all your help guys. I wanted to let you know that the uninstall/reinstall really had no effect. As a matter of fact, I ended up just copying and pasting my old install complete with custom, cut dowm panel .bmp and all back into the aircraft folder, but I've narrowed this down to one of two or three like suspects:1) I MUST manually turn the battery on by way of the pre-programmed (for years now) switch on my CH Yoke, via payware version of FSUIPC.2) I MUST leave the APU running until I'm in the air and the Autopilot is in complete control, and wings are level and nose pointed toward the correct waypoint. At that point if I shut off the APU there are no repercussions whatsoever.3) I SUSPECT some sort of unique interference from my Flight Deck Commander co-pilot/checklist software, so I do not let it correct any incorrect switch settings beyond the minimal flaps/gear settings.I may be completely off base with these and may have simply "learned how to fly" the PSS 777, but she is certainly behaving like a lady now, so long as I do all these things, and I'm really loving her more and more each day! Again, thanks for being here and all your help -- if any of the "power" items I mention above ring any bells for you or set off any alarms I surely would be interested and appreciate your further input. (BTTW, I have "infinite battery life" set in FSUIPC??)

Hi Chuck,Dragged my 777 out of the hangar again, installed the latest FDC PSS 777 files that I could find. Turned the battery on with the ohead panel switch and am now just entering the VNAV descent after a short route test. APU "off" on taxy, FDC seems to work ok and LNAV, HDG Hold and HDG Select all working as advertised (admit I have never changed the FSUIPC battery life).Used Hdg hold and Select during the approach - again no problems.All very odd ...................... Jim??RegardsJohn RPS - Hows the new 737 going? I'm very tempted!

Thanks, John! This is really vexing me . . .Thanks for your help again. Whatever happens, she seems to be doing well enough for me now.And don't be tempted by the iFly -- BUY it! I'm loving it so much, it's unelievable!! What a joy from load up to shut down/secure! I just finished an FDC checklist I made especially for it, based on the tutorial flight. VERY detailed and very accurate (I think!). It took me more than a week to do ...Best regrads, again.

I'm at a loss on this one. I shut down the APU after engine start during pushback. Never had any of those problems. Jim Harnes

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.