Sign in to follow this  
deltafan

FPS Limiter 0.2 and FSX

Hey guys,EDIT: Got the command prompt to properly run FSX through the Limiter, but I still don't have a .bat to work with and don't know how to create one. Can someone help me out with this? Thanks.

Hi,Just make a file called FSX.BAT (make sure you have show file extensions enabled or you may make a file called FSX.BAT.TXT) and place it on your desktop. Now edit the file and place the following into the bat file.Start D:\"FPS Limiter\"FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9 /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF " E:\FSX\fsx.exeI have FPS Limiter on my D Drive in a folder called FPS Limiter and I have FSX on my E Drive in a folder called FSX.------------------------------------------------------------Now you will need to change a few things------------------------------------------------------------1. Change the D:\"FPS Limiter\ and point it to your FPS Limiter drive/folder. Keep the following after your edit: "FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9 /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF "2. Change the E:\FSX\ and point it to your FSX drive/folder.Keep the following after your edit: fsx.exeSave the file and you should be all set, just click or double click on the bat file to run FSX. If it does not work your Drive / Path statement is incorrect.

Hey guys,EDIT: Got the command prompt to properly run FSX through the Limiter, but I still don't have a .bat to work with and don't know how to create one. Can someone help me out with this? Thanks.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I can't get the .bat to launch the sim, when I click on it, the command window flashes really quick then disappears and nothing happens.

My BAT contentsstart F:\"FPS Limiter\"FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9 /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF " H:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FSX.exe

Hi, your BAT seems to be OK, according that your Fsx path is ok.... I've just post that in the Tile Proxy forum, but I put a copy here, as it's also FPS limiter related (just a precision, Tile proxy use a lot of CPU in the background of Fs to render the textures) : Hi, I use Tile Proxy for about one year without problem. Great piece of software. I just reinstalled my computer ( Q9550, 4 GB RAM, Fsx on a raptor, ATI Radeon 4870, Win7 64), and I try to get best results both for Tile proxy andfor some other sceneries like ORBX. I did some tests with the external FPS limiter, to prevent for using the internal FSX limiter and its FPS drop. No problem on some ORBX sceneries, external FPS limiter set to 30, internal to unlimited, I get about 30fps in game. However, with these settings I get blurries with Tile proxy, whi go away as soon as I set the internal limiter to 40 for example. So it seems that the two limiters don't behave the same way, and the external limiter doesn't prevent FsX to use all the CPU it can..... What do you guys think about that ?? All the best, Jerome

My BAT contentsstart F:\"FPS Limiter\"FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9 /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF " H:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FSX.exe
You might try running it from a command prompt so the console window stays open. I find 99% of the time the problem is not doing the quote " marks correctly. Never did figure out the exact syntax for them :) For example maybe you need to get rid of the space between the " and H:\...?scott s..

Deltafan,You are probably running Windows 7. You have to disable UAC for FPSLimiter to work.Edmundo

I can't get the .bat to launch the sim, when I click on it, the command window flashes really quick then disappears and nothing happens.

Edmundo Azevedo

You have to right-click on command mode and select "run as administrator" then navigate to your batch file and run it. I had the same problem. Steve

Steve Corzine

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

You have to right-click on command mode and select "run as administrator" then navigate to your batch file and run it. I had the same problem. Steve
Sorry, that should have said Command Prompt not Command Mode.

Steve Corzine

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hi all,after launch the batch file I see for a milli-second a black windows but FSX don't startthis is my batch fileStart C:\"FPS_Limiter\"FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9 /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF " C:\Programmi (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X\fsx.exewhat can be wrong ?chhers Marco

I was getting this situation too. I corrected this just right-clicking in the "FPS_Limiter.exe" file and giving the "run as administrator" grant to it. After that, my .bat file started to work fine.May i say that this little program gave to me much more smooth flights. I´m enchanted by it!! Big%20Grin.gif

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Hey guys,I am running Windows 7 64-bit, and I've had UAC turned off ever since Vista. :( I did get it running by manually navigating to the .bat in the command prompt. I have to do this every time to get FPS Limiter running with FSX, which is a little annoying, so if anyone has a solution to get it running just by clicking the .bat icon, I'd love to hear it, but at least I've got it running. :( Thanks for everyone's help so far! :(

On the shortcut for the BAT I have the shortcut tab advanced set to "Run as administrator" and on compatibility tab I have "disable desktop composition". Seems to work for me, though sometimes it takes quite a while after I exit FSX before control comes back to the BAT. I suspect there's some way to get the BAT to close without "type any key".scott s..

I did some tests with the external FPS limiter, to prevent for using the internal FSX limiter and its FPS drop. No problem on some ORBX sceneries, external FPS limiter set to 30, internal to unlimited, I get about 30fps in game. However, with these settings I get blurries with Tile proxy, whi go away as soon as I set the internal limiter to 40 for example. So it seems that the two limiters don't behave the same way, and the external limiter doesn't prevent FsX to use all the CPU it can..... What do you guys think about that ?? All the best, Jerome
Dear Jerome,that's exactly what I described long long time ago in some other forums as I tested myself also a lot. Most of the simmers prefer the FPS limiter because of following reason: You switch to "unlimited" in FSX, and this produces higher FPS. The FPS Limiter then just "cuts" the frames above the configured limit and the result is you get some higher FPS than using the internal FSX limiter. BUT: do they ever have a look at the extended frame display on the top left corner? There's another value called V: 1,6 % for example. This value changes rapidly. It stands for "Variance". It shows how stable the current displayed frame rate is. The higher this Variance value will get, the more instable is the displayed frame rate. You can say everything below 10% is quite good. If it goes too high, you immediately realize stutters. So, Microsoft has implemented a GREAT feature in the extendes frame rate display, but almost noone use it for their performance checks.And of course as you realized: when NOT using the external FPS limiter, but using the internal FSX limiter, you see, that sometimes you get LESS FPS displayed than you configured. In example: you choose KJFK and first use "Unlimited" in FSX without external frame limiter. Now start a flight, and look at your displayed FPS. Let's assume that you get 34,1 FPS for the max. value, and about 33,6 FPS average FPS (just an example). Now you limit in FSX with internal limiter to 30 frames. You get now 26,9 for maximum FPS and maybe 25,3 for average. You see, and think, that internal limiter is stealing your FPS. That#s why many simmer want to use the external FPS limiter 0.2b. But ever though of THE REASON and WHY FSX steals FPS when using this internal limiter? I realized of course after lot of week and testing that the internal limiter is a GREAT tool, which gives me also a good performance and nice crisply ground textures. I have no stutters when limiting to 30FPS in FSX, I fly at an average Variance value of maximum 2% and I get crispy textures and NO blurries. The engine works much better with the internal limiter at my side and I really am satisfied.Just wanted to give you my thoughts, because you are the first one who realized that. I would also looking forward to get some more feedback about that.Best regards,Pegasus.

Hi pegasus, many thanks for your answer, sorry for being late to read your post but I'm just back from holidays. Your post is really interesting, I'll have a look today on the behaviour of the "Deviance factor" and come back to tell you. Regards, Jerome