Sign in to follow this  
AlexanderBarger

FO does not say anything

Hi Bryan,after Months and weeks I thought I give it a try with the Vistalizer and try your FS2Crew for J41 Voice. Installing went smooth, also commands are recognized perfect (they appear green on the top of FS). But I have an Issue not so nice though. I do not hear anything from the F/O or any F/A's. the F/O is performing his task, but I never hear anything from him.I figured out, that I cannot select any Region Settings for Voice, maybe that is the Problem? If so, can you tell me how to change that please as I want to start enjoy your fine Product :( Thank you very muchalexPS: Screenshot attached

Hi Alex,Thanks for the screen shot. That makes it easier.The problem is that the CFG file that stores info for audio device, accent region, is likely corrupt.Try re-installing FS2Crew J41 again.If it doesn't work, please email me and we'll do a Remote Desktop.Cheers,

Hi Bryan, as soon as you said corrupt installation I knew exactly the problem. Thanks for that hint. you See, I install everything as Administrator, but the Flightsim runs under a non admin account. That means I have to check the Admins AppData Folder and copy your FS2Crew Folder to the FSX User.Now it works perfectly, thank you Bryan :(

Hi Bryan, as soon as you said corrupt installation I knew exactly the problem. Thanks for that hint. you See, I install everything as Administrator, but the Flightsim runs under a non admin account. That means I have to check the Admins AppData Folder and copy your FS2Crew Folder to the FSX User.Now it works perfectly, thank you Bryan :(
Glad you got it working!Cheers,

Glad you got it working!Cheers,
Hey Chris,Quick question. I had the same issue. A reinstall took care of every voice that the F/O says except for the initial "clean up" voice response when he sets up the cock pit to be cold and dark. No biggy there. My question is, are there any correlations with your product and the microsoft.net framework? I kept getting .net crashes before I reinstalled FS2 crew. Just wondering as I didn't get it outside of the J41 and your program.Keep up the great work. I love this program. Thanks for doing this work!!Ben Elder

Hey Chris,Quick question. I had the same issue. A reinstall took care of every voice that the F/O says except for the initial "clean up" voice response when he sets up the cock pit to be cold and dark. No biggy there. My question is, are there any correlations with your product and the microsoft.net framework? I kept getting .net crashes before I reinstalled FS2 crew. Just wondering as I didn't get it outside of the J41 and your program.Keep up the great work. I love this program. Thanks for doing this work!!Ben Elder
Hi Ben,"Clean up" voice... not sure I follow.FS2Crew consists of gauge files that are coded in C++. They don't use .NET.The Config Manager for the J41 doesn't use NET either.The only Config Manager that ever used NET was the Config Manager used for the 737 Voice versions.Cheers,

Hi Ben,"Clean up" voice... not sure I follow.FS2Crew consists of gauge files that are coded in C++. They don't use .NET.The Config Manager for the J41 doesn't use NET either.The only Config Manager that ever used NET was the Config Manager used for the 737 Voice versions.Cheers,

Hey Bryan,Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this issue. I remember the first time started up the program, opened up the main and config panels, start the program and then the CP would announce that he was cleaning up the aircraft after the last flight and proceed to configure for a cold and dark cockpit. Don't hear that anymore. Am I imagining this??Raised%20Eyebrow.gifBen

Hey Bryan,Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this issue. I remember the first time started up the program, opened up the main and config panels, start the program and then the CP would announce that he was cleaning up the aircraft after the last flight and proceed to configure for a cold and dark cockpit. Don't hear that anymore. Am I imagining this??Raised%20Eyebrow.gifBen
Ben,"Cleaning up"... like he's going to physically clean the cabin?You might be hearing him saying that he's heading out to do the walkaround.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this issue. I remember the first time started up the program, opened up the main and config panels, start the program and then the CP would announce that he was cleaning up the aircraft after the last flight and proceed to configure for a cold and dark cockpit. Don't hear that anymore. Am I imagining this??
After pressing the "RUN PF" button you should hear the FO say "Give me a minute to shut everything down here - the last crew left things in a mess". (At least with the US voice set). Are you not hearing this?

Hey Bryan,Yeah, that's it! Sorry for the miscommunication on my part. I no longer hear that FO statement when I hit the Run PF button. I also don't hear the FO leave the plane for the walk around. First thing I hear him respond to is the preflight brief.

Hey Bryan,Yeah, that's it! Sorry for the miscommunication on my part. I no longer hear that FO statement when I hit the Run PF button. I also don't hear the FO leave the plane for the walk around. First thing I hear him respond to is the preflight brief.
Hi Ben,Check your audio device settings.The FO's dialog (such as I'm heading out for the walkaround) should come through your main speakers.Best,

Thanks Bryan. I'm using a headset (obviously) so will check for that! Other than these early dialogs everything else is perfect!