Sign in to follow this  

FS Sickday

I see i am sharing this forum with some weird b'stards who dont go sick unless they are actually ill :)I guess your work is important to you, dont go taking the morale high ground though, its dog eat dog , nobody is loyal to a company now. Employers are wankers because of the competition they are up against,Employees are wankers because of how they are treated.i say take the sick days, excercise your right to do so.

TS"Hey Gavin...What are you doing wasting time on the internet making posts on the Avsim forum. You have a business to run man...your slacking off...There's more important things in life than wasting time on the internet...get to it!! Relax Man!! LMAO!Regards,TS"Actually, I was taking a slack day so that I could go out on my bike, but as it was raining all day spent a lot of time flightsimming instead!I took your advice and relaxed. And very good advice it was too!!Cheers!Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest Funky D

When FS2k2 came out I took an extended "lunch"... ran out to Best Buy to pick up a copy, ran home to install it on my machine, and "tested" it before returning to work. I was a bit naive to think I could accomplish all of this over an hour lunch period :)

David, you and I would not get along. I like folks who understand that humans are human, and judge an employee by his/her overall contribution. I bet I get more from my employees than you do, and I'm pretty understanding about mental health days. Take 'em myself. We give our employees paid time off to self manage, so the day taken by the above poster would be viewed as vacation at my company. Call it what you will, but if the employee is a "take care of it" person, and you call them on the carpet cuz their day was not "pre-approved", you are mismanaging your assets. If the person is a slaggard, then you have to deal with the problem, which again, is hardly about one day playing hooky, but is about a big picture issue. If you haven't dealt with it, I'd say that's your fault.From one manager to another....lighten up. Treat your folks like people, they'll reward you with extra effort and loyalty. Treat your folks like animals, you'll get what you ask for, nothing more. If you choose the latter, you better be pretty perfect or you gonna be sorry.CherioBob Bernstein

Guest The Ancient Brit

Thank you gentlemen for those kind words but I did only what was necessary to steer this thread from the rocks I could see ahead (we still hit them yet). If my attempt has amused you I am pleased, but none more so that if I have managed to raise a smile from David of that second posting.It is not necessary for me to submit daily reports to the Crown on the quality of the cakes and biscuits sold on the peir since in the real world they have won awards. My diligence in helping them attain these awards is evidenced by the fact that I am as a result, not so much fat-gutted, more a case of being circumferentially challenged.Denis. The Ancient Brit.

Guest wathomas777

Naive? Yeah, Naive. That works....;)

Guest Ideas

Before I became disabled it was always my reasoning that if I had sick days I should take them when I could enjoy them, not when I was sick. For some reason, that just made sense to me.

Guest odog

you guys... :-lol I look at it like this, you better take those days while you're walking around and breathing the fresh air. Otherwise, when the company downsizes you out of a job, what good is perfect attendance going to get you? a softer kick in your rump on your way out the door, that's what. glad i dont work for him! my boss just got nicer :-)joe

WhewAfter the initial responses I felt a bit sheepish. After all the subsequent responses I feel very much better.I`m glad that other poeple are not averse to the occasional FS Slackness.Now if someone could only patch my excuses to FS2004 compatibility I`d be sorted!!Glad you all liked the thread , I`m generally more of a "lurker" than a poster, but all this ranting about FS2004 and its varied performance made me think that we all needed a break!CheersLungsPS Back at work today hence the slow response in the forums! 2 pages of emails to wade through!! Payback time!

LungsIt was a laugh wasn't it, so how about this one:If companys allow smokers to pop out every hour or so for a ciggie (about 10 mins) should non smokers be allowed an equivalent 'non smoking' break every hour?Gavin (on the slack till Monday)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

HeheIts true, there`s a lot of time spent smoking by people. Non-smoking breaks should definitely by allowed.CheersLungs

Guest wathomas777

Let's see. A 10 Minute smoke break an hour, equates to 80 minutes out of a "standard" 8 hour day.This averages to be 400 minutes a work week, which equates to 6 and 2/3 hours a week.Thus I feel an 8 hour FS holiday once every two weeks isn't out of line. In fact, that still places the non-smoker 4 hours ahead of the smoker......

Guest emergency_pants

I gave up smoking about four months ago and have noticed that I am working more than I did before. Yeah, I would like to recoup that off-time. Actually, perhaps I could get it in back-time, so I can get that lost time that's clearly mine!In fact, I think I might e-mail my director now:"Dear highness,As you may well be aware, I have increased my general productivity through longer hours via prolonged commitment to my lung welfare.Given the fulfillment of a satisfactory workload prior to my new commitments, I feel that I am now working over my obliged desktime. According to section #41 of the AVSim Sickday thread, put forth by Rottenlungs and wathomas777, 09/2003, I am entitled to 8 hours per two week period, to be taken as Sim-time at my convenience. I hereby state that from this point forth, 8 hours shall be taken from my desktime for the purpose of simulation, fornightly Fridays, otherwise to be known as "Sim-Fridays". As a matter of course, I also hereby claim my previous Sim Fridays for the four month period of over-obligation. These to be taken consecutively as two "sim-Weeks".Thank you for your kind co-operation.Simon."Think it'll work?:-spam1

Guest metamarty

I'm one of the CEO's of a company here in the Netherlands and I also believe people should be happy in their work. If that requires playing FS or other games during work time, I don't care. I strongly believe productivity comes in peaks. I always find myself doing work stuff a few hours without breaks and later relaxing and not doing anything at all. I'm also convinced that work is the least important aspect of life. Actually, I'm hired as a HTML typer now, while I used to write compilers and kernel code. My job gets more stupid every year. After my school years, in which I wrote a DBMS and other cool projects I was kind of shocked to see what "work" is really about. After a few years I gave up on the idea that work can be interesting. I just do what they want me to do and forget about it.I'm just wondering about one thing: Why aren't you getting a day off if you want to play FS? Why do you need to tell your company you're sick? If I want to leave early from work, I just write down a few hours less on that day.