Sign in to follow this  
Carob

My Revelation! The Ti4200

Okay, maybe one of you can answer this for me.I tried chaning my AA setting to 2x. If I do that the only thing I can see once FS9 is started is the aircraft spinning. Everything else is black. Changing it back to 4x everything comes back.Does this makes sense?PNY 4200Driver is 44.03

Guest kilo_sierra17

I will try the 30.82's for sure to see how they work, I know in FS2002 they ran slightly faster but sometimes it would drop more then the 40.72's, But this is a new Sim, so time to try them.

I'm not sure that disabling AA is a "revelation"... AA works by actually rendering the scene multiple times and blending colors over a specified pixel area. (2X 4X etc) This is making the card do more work exponetially, so it's to be expected that the card will slow down if it's not powerful enough...Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Strange but but I have a different experience with my Asus G4 TI4200 128 mb 3nsHave locked fps 22 most of the times :-) with Quincunx (AA) and Anisotropische (AF) 4x via rivatuner :-)Drivers Nvidia 43.51 WHQLAndr

André

Guest jason2112

I had the same problem (black main menu, only plane spinning with 2x AA) with 45.24 drivers (not with 44.47, but with those the sim often crashed with 2x AA enabled). Since my "downgrade" to 30.82 this problem does not show up anymore. At the moment, I really prefer these older drivers.VOlker :]

Ok I will say this again, I can run at 2x and even 4x fsaa without problems other than the sim stutering unnaceptably for me. Without AA there is almost no percecptible frame rate drop doing most anything with my sliders set the way i have them. With any kind of AA and the GF 4200 you are going to get slight momentary paues in the drawing which will cut your frames in half for just a second, then its right back to the frame lock. Its this jump or stutter which i cant get around, most of the time its fine, but if your on final somwhere and it happens its just downright annoying. Without AA this doesnt happen at all here on my card. Its all about what you will accept, and for me it has to be smooth, thats the bottom line. I have seen this in one or two other games, not to the same extent, but its evident. This card just cant provide the AA that I want.Hornit

I've read on the 3d Guru forum about the 30.82's and judging by the reviews and comments from the so called experts these drivers are the most stable ever, to this point anyway. I have always used the lower drivers for FS2002 and now FS2004. Namely the popular 29.42's which I had great performance from in FS2002 and now the 30.82's in FS2004. You can have your 4x.xx's and 5x.xx's. I'm sticking with the old reliables...LOL. I uses 2x AA with my 4200 TI and do get a slight stutter problem or momentary pause as well as Hornit, but like he says it's just what you are willing to live with and for me as long as I get my 15- 20 (locked at 20) fps I can live with it. It's just a matter of accepting the inevitable (stutters).Tom

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

Hi Volker,Interesting insight into enthusiasm...or even obsession with "new" drivers.I've run the 30.82's for a long time now and they do run Quincux pretty well. The AA edges are not so crisp as with 2x or 4x, but who wants to run Fs2004 at 15 fps?I won't change the 30.82's until I'm convinced another driver is faster and clearer!Regards,Rob Young

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Hornit I don't say you have don't have the stutters, I'm only saying that it's smooth here with my config and my setup and my system etc.... without stutters :-) runs really smooth ;-)Otherwise like you it was the end for my card but it isn't ;-)Succes....Andr

André

Guest kilo_sierra17

WOW! Installed 30.82 and I mean wow, went from 11 FPS at YVR with Building storms + POSKY 747-400 to know 13-14 FPS with the same situation, one thing I found that makes a big difference for me is when running the game, set "fs9.exe" priority to High, I tried it on RealTime and that turned off my mouse and keyboard so dont do that, set it on high, it runs very smooth.

As I recall, the 40.91 driver is packed on the cd install disk with the nvidia card I bought. So, why would an older driver perform better than the driver which appears, to my way of thinking, to be the default choice for the 4200. Actually, I'm just asking, because when I get home from work, I'll DL the 30.82 and see how it stacks up...Sherm

>>>As I recall, the 40.91 driver is packed on the cd install disk>with the nvidia card I bought. So, why would an older driver>perform better than the driver which appears, to my way of>thinking, to be the default choice for the 4200. Actually, I'm>just asking, because when I get home from work, I'll DL the>30.82 and see how it stacks up...>>Sherm>Sherm, I don't no why one driver performs better than the next. It's just a crapshoot as far as I am concerned, but as you can see from several posts here people are raving about increased performance with the 82's. You have to try them for yourself to see if you like them. I find I've done nothing but tweak since I got COF and haven't had time to fly and enjoy the product. I've finally found a driver that in "My Mind" mind gives me the performance I'm happy with and I'm sticking with them.Tom

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

Damn.I can't seem to get the 30.82 to install. I uninstall what's in there now and reboot. When XP starts it says it found new hardware. Even when telling it to install the 30.82 when prompted (pointing to the path myself) it still loads 44.03.Anybody know why?

Even when telling XP to install the 30.28 drivers after a reboot and checking the device manager for which version is installed it says 44.03.One time (don't know how I did it) I actually got the version to say 30.28 in device manager but after a reboot I had no video at all. Had to reboot into safe mode and unstall the driver.Could this be at all because it is the PNY 4200 8x card?