Sign in to follow this  
raymie

Aircraft Access Doors Don't Stay Open

This is my first post on this form. I have both the F33A & the Cessna 182Q for FSX. I really enjoy both aircraft but have one problem. After shuting down the aircraft and systems, I open the access doors, they stay open momentarily, and then slam shut. It happens on both mentioned aircraft. I am experiencing this with both mentioned aircraft.---I have tried "Shift +E"--door(s) open but then slam shut---I have tried to do the mouse click on the hot spot to open the door(s) via the mouse but with the same result--the door opens to only slam shut again.I have several Carenado aircraft for FS09 and do not have this problem in that sim environment. Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions to fix this will be greatly appreciated. If this topic has already been addressed, pardon me--I searched the forum but could not find this problem mentioned.Thanks,Raymie

I have found you sometime have to make sure the mags are off, the master is off and the parking brake set! works sometimes

Guest BeaverDriver

This is an FSX bug. You are parked too close to a fuel box (it may not look like it, but that's usually the problem). Set yourself in another location and try it there (you may have to reboot the sim - not sure on that).

This is an FSX bug. You are parked too close to a fuel box (it may not look like it, but that's usually the problem). Set yourself in another location and try it there (you may have to reboot the sim - not sure on that).
Hi Ricky76 & BeaverDriverThanks for your helpful reply--I will try your suggestions!Raymie

I tried both of your suggestions--after complete shut down and away from the avgas pumps--the aircraft doors opened and stayed that way. Again, thanks!Raymie

Guest BeaverDriver
I tried both of your suggestions--after complete shut down and away from the avgas pumps--the aircraft doors opened and stayed that way. Again, thanks!Raymie
Good stuff. Glad it worked :(